~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw on the news today that Denver tied it's record high temperature on the same day a blizzard warning has been issued on the Palmer divide (just an hour drive south).

Nope, no climate change at all. This is all normal... 

8312022.jpg

Nope, no climate change at all. This is all normal... 
That's not one of the primary issues at hand though. We know from the history of how the earth evolved and the changes it went through many years ago, that warming is not only part of it's planetary cycle, but also that which is affected by solar system changes. One of the issues at hand is, how much are human beings affecting these natural cycles?

Last edited by a moderator:
So because scientist can't precisely identify the extent of the human effects, we shouldn't worry about it?

It's like saying, "we don't know exactly how many cancer cells each individual cigarette causes, so we're not going to worry about the effects of smoking".

Another stormy day here. It's been a good week or two since the last real storm, so I guess we're due. Also, the winds have found us again. Solid 20 mph wind from the west every afternoon from approximately 3 pm - 7 pm. Perfectly timed for my bike commute home, against it!

we had some heavy wind and rain last night, all my porch furniture is pushed to one side by the wind, 2 hours south of us the interstates are closed due to 6-10" of snow..   Spring time where the Desert Meets the Mountains!

Mrs. Supe getting hit with nasty storms in Charlotte.

I think spring is in June?

We had 27 degree temps and snow yesterday, but 60's tomorrow and the rest of the week / foreseeable future...

Hope the heavy snows stays in the mountains at least until Saturday :D

Had the tail of Tropical Cyclone Debbie pass over the North Island for the last couple of days. High winds and flooding in several areas. Auckland was just on the northern edge, so wasn't too bad. Business as usual for us, but several areas to the south of us have had some serious flooding damage and landslides. Some areas have been evacuated.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11832781

Back