The States Still Waiting After Day One

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting on MN as well. From what I gather, our delay is usually due to the fact that they wait to approve NCEES to release results until after they've snail mailed out the actual letter, not that we have any sort of extra deliberation. So, I'm hoping this time is like the last few tests and they release them by Friday, so that I can have a heck of a weekend.

If that understanding is true, it makes me want to join the board as a volunteer after I pass to help get letters printed and ready to be sent off so that MN examinees can get their electronic results as soon as possible like so many other states. Delaying it just for snail mail is BS in my opinion.

How come some states instantly release results and some states take their time? What errors could there possibly be? Why don't states like Maryland sit on their results and "review for errors"?  

FBPE staff is in the process of reviewing the results for errors and exceptions. After that, we will authorize release of the Florida results. We hope it won't be too long.

The Board is meeting in Tallahassee today. If you're in the area, you are welcome to attend any part of it.
Hey thanks for that! Unfortunately I am in Tampa and unable to attend otherwise I would. 

Plus I don't think you like seeing grown men cry if I found out I failed.

Waiting for MN too. Last cycle was the first time they let NCEES release electronically on the second day. Hopefully they do it again. MN usually sends results by snail mail first then releases scores online. 

Waiting for MN too. Last cycle was the first time they let NCEES release electronically on the second day. Hopefully they do it again. MN usually sends results by snail mail first then releases scores online. 
I have an inkling of doubt that it will happen today, because the executive director of the MN board isn't in the office today according to their lync status (wasn't yesterday either), and neither is one of the two people listed as responsible for verification of exam/licensure. Hopefully the executive director gave permission to approve results in their absence, and they have a bigger crew working on verifying, printing, and sending the letters out than just the 2 listed as responsible for verification (which I'm sure they do). Still hopeful though, and good luck MN bro!

How come some states instantly release results and some states take their time? What errors could there possibly be? Why don't states like Maryland sit on their results and "review for errors"?  
Each state is different, and each has it's own procedures for how these things go. There is no better explanation unfortunately.

Your state does what your state does.

I know they are probably busy and all... I seriously have been considering giving the board a call just to see if they have any type of update or information to provide.
I've been tempted to instant message a couple of the MN board members that are showing up as active online...but I don't want to delay results any more than they are already, so I'm hesitant.

I know they are probably busy and all... I seriously have been considering giving the board a call just to see if they have any type of update or information to provide.
Do it. I called yesterday and didn't get much help but maybe a second call would kick them into shape... or at least get better answers...

Anyone starting to shift from anxious to angry? I just don't understand why we can't see our results yet. 

I'm there. 
Ditto. I don't care about when the **** paper letter gets to me, just let me know I passed electronically for now! It's 2018 FFS, who uses paper records anymore?

...I mean, I know I'll save and cherish the letter once I pass, but I probably won't frame it or anything. Electronic notification is just fine for me.

Anyone starting to shift from anxious to angry? I just don't understand why we can't see our results yet. 
Yes, getting a little pissed off now.  Some of these govt workers just don't care enough.

Does anyone know what other states are PCS??? Still waiting in MA but wondering if its PCS or MA that is taking so long?!

Back