The last time

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a small bag of Cheetos, a box of Samoa girl scout cookies, and a large pack of Reeces peanut butter hearts sitting on the shelf above my monitor...

I remember the last time i saw my Granny. She had been battling breast cancer for a couple years at 70 years old. I was in my junior year at college and the last time I saw her was two weeks prior. I was trimming some large hedges she had nursed along in her yard and I cut myself with the electric trimmers. She nearly killed me for that. But what I'll always remember is playing rummy with her while having a bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. Her buttery dinner rolls, made by hand, and all the fun at the farm.

My Grandad, there is so little there, and that is so sad for me. I will always remember the time he got a brand new tractor, and I was 5 or 6 at the time, and he let me sit in the drivers seat. I was pretending to drive and he asked for the key. I tried giving it to him and it fell in a crack in the soil. Gone. My Dad was so mad, but he just laughed and laughed.

The last time I lifted at the "odd gym" in college. THe old man that ran the place and I really got along, we did a deck challenge on no-weight squats. Then ate king size snickers.

The last time I walked out of Mizzou Arena during construction. It was turnover day, which was also the first game in the arena. We were testing all the systems and everything went fine, there were a few punchlist items but the GC covered them since they had similar items to take care of. After the game was over I signed off the final punchlist, the substantial completion paperwork, drank a beer in the University Suite with the AD and the GC's, then went back home. I've never stepped foot in Mizzou Arena since 2005.

Lots of sad last times. Its unfortunate that those are the first that come to mind, but I think that reinforces the fact that life is short and you should try to improve and take advantage of every day you have.

I wish i could remember the last time I played with by wooden blocks. I used to love those things. Now that my nephew is grown, maybe I should go back to my parents house and retrieve them (along with my Hotwheels/Matchbox cars).

I remember the last time I played in the dirt pile (really, it was the driveway) at Mom and Dad's. Dad had added some mason's sand to the driveway, and it ruined the ability to make drt clods for tanks/aircraft/spaceships/what have you. I remember watching the sand break apart and thinking, "I guess it is time to move on."

Back