--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats CDC!

Unfortunately, my last bout of testing as a follow-up to the Thyroid cancer didn't go as well. The numbers should have come back as undetectable, but came back detectable at first, and tripled after the injections. They're very low numbers, so it could mean something, could mean nothing. If it's come back, it wouldn't be visible by any scans, so now we play the waiting and watching game.

I go back in for another ultrasound in a month or two, but we'll probably talk about doing iodine radiation as a possible precautionary measure since my body was receptive to it 7 years ago following surgery. Amazing how different my perspective is on all of it now that I have people dependent on me. In any case, hopefully the dog and the racecar will help take my mind off things for a while.

Supe,

I have Faith that things will turnout O.K for you. It sound like you've had quite a journey and it looks like that chapter isn't complete but please know that even people that don't know you are cheering for you!!

Good luck!!

In any case, hopefully the dog and the racecar will help take my mind off things for a while.
Supe: that's the spirit. Just don't put the dog in the racecar it'll probably scare the s%^t out of her.

How's that lowboy catalina coming along?

Congrats CDC!

Unfortunately, my last bout of testing as a follow-up to the Thyroid cancer didn't go as well. The numbers should have come back as undetectable, but came back detectable at first, and tripled after the injections. They're very low numbers, so it could mean something, could mean nothing. If it's come back, it wouldn't be visible by any scans, so now we play the waiting and watching game.

I go back in for another ultrasound in a month or two, but we'll probably talk about doing iodine radiation as a possible precautionary measure since my body was receptive to it 7 years ago following surgery. Amazing how different my perspective is on all of it now that I have people dependent on me. In any case, hopefully the dog and the racecar will help take my mind off things for a while.

Damn Supe, sorry you gotta deal with the thyroid issue. My Mom went through a lot with the thyroid until they finally removed it. I hope things turn for the better for you.

And thanks to all for the well wishes. For my trouble and worry, I at least got a little perspective on life.

DC

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats CDC, and sorry Supe.

Day 23 of Mrs. Rev's recovery from her concussion. She has moments of clarity every now and then, but for the most part she's quite sensitive to light, sound, and anything requiring deep thought. I have been bringing her to work every day so I can take care of her while she rests in my office. Head injuries really are no joke.

Congrats CDC, and sorry Supe.

Day 23 of Mrs. Rev's recovery from her concussion. She has moments of clarity every now and then, but for the most part she's quite sensitive to light, sound, and anything requiring deep thought. I have been bringing her to work every day so I can take care of her while she rests in my office. Head injuries really are no joke.
If she were in the NFL, she'd already be back on the field.

Supe, good luck getting through this next bout! It's good to hear that you got something else to focus on though!

Thanks for the well-wishes, all. I kicked its butt once, surely I can do it a second time.

The results are in...after 64 scratches and 13 injections only to be told I am a hard person to read due to my skin tone. I things that bug me the most barely if at all showed up, and things I didn't even know about had bigger reactions. Anything with fur will send me into full blown allergy mode...the only fuzzy friend that reacted in the test was cat and it was minimal. apparently I'm not allergy to dogs but they too send me into full allergy mode. Not as bad as I thought the test could have been.

^^^ You also have to consider you life-long exposure to said allergens. According to my scratch tests I should be A LOT more allergic to cats, but because I've lived with them since I was born my reactions aren't as severe. If a cat scratches me it will get all swolen and itchy, but otherwise I don't get much more than a runny nose after playing with them for a little while.

I've actually found that over the last few years my allergy reactions have diminished since I stopped trying to medicate. It sucked for a year or two, but ever since I've been fine (with an occational "flare up").

from the list of things that showed up the only way to avoid the things is to move to a big urban area where there is no plants for mold to grow on and no farms. Considering we live next to corn, soy. & wheat fields and have no intention of moving in the near future...some relief from the shots to reduce the reaction is all I am hoping for.

My back is still aching. At first I went to an urgent care, they gave me muscle relaxers and said to keep taking Ibuprofen 800's, did that and had a massage and soaked in a hottub all weekend over the first. I even started feeling better that weekend. It came back that first week of the year, and I went to my Primary, same diagnosis, Thoracic strain and gave me a referral for PT and chiropractic. Went to PT on Wed. and they're thinking It's an inflammation somewhere around the th-11.

174px-Gray_111_-_Vertebral_column-coloured.png

They did some short pulse massage thing on the spike for five mins. and hit it with an electrode for 15min. Felt a little better yesterday, then today I woke up in pain again. Supposed to go again for PT this afternoon. I wish they could figure out what was wrong. After a month this is starting to get old.

While giving the PT'ers a debrief on what I did to hurt it, I also remembered I was carrying a stack of lumber on my shoulder a while back and felt a compressive burn in that same area but pushed through it. I tend to haul more than I should (like 12 2x4's at a time) and forget that I'm not 22 anymore.

Back