The be glad your not taking the exam thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know that I couldn't have my cell phone with me. Besides, it's my back up calculator.

So I was eating lunch in my car and this dude was peaking in my window:

t.jpg

Dammit, since I've been sitting here all day since 7:15 this morning in the hall waiting for my 3:30 exam, and on my phone the whole time, the battery is at 2% and now I don't know what I'll do for a calculator during the exam.

Anyone else stuck on question #5? I have about 15 minutes to figure it out and answer the next 35 questions before the lunch break...

Me: "No, mr. security man, I do not have a buddy inside the exam transmitting information to me. That is not why I've been sitting out here all day on my phone. I promise you I don't know anybody in that exam.... I swear."

My good friend Bob: "Hey, Sapper! Great to see you buddy! You ready for that surveying exam this afternoon? What? Why you telling me to shush. Oh, man, I think I bombed it, but you already knew that, I told you that earlier."

Security man: "Sir, I'm afraid you'll have to come with me."

Me: "No, okay, I meant I knew nobody except Bob. I forgot he was in there... No he didn't tell me he was doing badly while he was taking the exam, he meant he told me at lunch, when we saw each other at the bar... er I mean, restaurant.

Security man: "Sir, I'll need you to follow me, or else I'll have to get the police involved."

Me: "NO!!!! I can't leave this spot. I have to be ready for the moment they open the door for me to go in to my test! Please don't make me follow you."

There's a bunch of yelling in the hallway. Don't they know there is an exam going on?

And now suddenly I'm not getting any answers back to my texts. How the hell am I supposed to pass if my buddy isn't helping me?

Security guard: Can we speak outside for a minute?

Me: No, I'm in the middle of an exam and there are only 5 minutes left for me to fill in the last 20 answers.

What do you mean I have to turn off my cell phone? I'm using it as my calculator. I'm fairly certain I saw Samsung Galaxy on the approved calculator list.

Don't worry, I'm not taking pictures. Well, except for the selfie with the proctor about 10 minutes ago. And a pic of the near-nekked chick a couple rows over. I mean, who wouldn't want to see that. I had to post that to twitter immediately. And facebook. And instagram. And reddit.

Does that time spent posting the pictures online count against my 4 hours?

Back