Texas Results Released!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Self-inking all the way. So much easier to use. I also got the extra digital image. So if working with large drawing sets, the seal can be applied that way and save a ton of stamping.
Did you already get the email from board about your license number or you ordered the stamp before?

I'd be surprised if numbers were issued yet. In mass we had to pay first then wait again. It was another few weeks. But maybe non pcs states are different

I'd be surprised if numbers were issued yet. In mass we had to pay first then wait again. It was another few weeks. But maybe non pcs states are different
Texas has been surprisingly fast. I already have my number and pocket card. They sent me an email saying that I needed to send a copy of my stamp and a wallet sized photo of myself within the next 60 days. It's nice to be able to show my employer easy proof of having a license just days after receiving exam results.

Texas has been surprisingly fast. I already have my number and pocket card. They sent me an email saying that I needed to send a copy of my stamp and a wallet sized photo of myself within the next 60 days. It's nice to be able to show my employer easy proof of having a license just days after receiving exam results.
For folks who need pocket card immediately. I just found out you can print it online through Echo.

For folks who need pocket card immediately. I just found out you can print it online through Echo.
This is another reason pcs sucks.

Stamps...what are you going with? Rubber stamp and ink pad? Self inking?

I got self inking. You will be thankful if you have to stamp large drawing sets.

Self-inking all the way. So much easier to use. I also got the extra digital image. So if working with large drawing sets, the seal can be applied that way and save a ton of stamping.

Colors? Red? Blue? I had a colleague tell me he uses blue, so it would be easy to spot a photocopy vs an original. What about imprint seals? Anybody actually use them? So many options. I really want an imprint seal just because it's so cool, but I'm not sure that I'd actually use it nearly as much as a normal stamp.

Knightfox -- did you create an Adobe Signature and imprint the digital seal with that? So it's digitally signed and locked via some adobe verification? Or do you just paste the jpg onto the drawing?

I had my number in Texas before NCEES sent me an e-mail saying my results are ready LOL. I looked this morning and I'm already on the roster as a PE.

I got self inking. You will be thankful if you have to stamp large drawing sets.

Colors? Red? Blue? I had a colleague tell me he uses blue, so it would be easy to spot a photocopy vs an original. What about imprint seals? Anybody actually use them? So many options. I really want an imprint seal just because it's so cool, but I'm not sure that I'd actually use it nearly as much as a normal stamp.
I'm going with a black self-inking seal. I use one for my PG stamp and it is very nice.

Knightfox -- did you create an Adobe Signature and imprint the digital seal with that? So it's digitally signed and locked via some adobe verification? Or do you just paste the jpg onto the drawing?
Your state may have specific requirements. I would check first.

i use a black self-inking stamp, like others have said great for large drawing sets. regarding the electronic stamp, i have a buddy that uses his with CoSign by ARX for digital signatures.

just makes it more visible on larger prints. the flip side of that is it can be a little difficult to fit on congested prints.

just makes it more visible on larger prints. the flip side of that is it can be a little difficult to fit on congested prints.
Exactly why I'm undecided. I may never use it, who knows. I'm leaning more and more for the smaller size.

A word of advice, careful on ordering different size stamps and colors. Most state boards have requirements for the size seal and color that is allowable.

Looking at Texas' rules, it basically says no larger than 2" and that it follows their standard design template. Nothing about ink color or anything like that. I would think blue or black would be the best options though.

I'm debating on if I also want to get an embossing seal in addition to the stamp. Any reason I might need both?

Looking at Texas' rules, it basically says no larger than 2" and that it follows their standard design template. Nothing about ink color or anything like that. I would think blue or black would be the best options though.

I'm debating on if I also want to get an embossing seal in addition to the stamp. Any reason I might need both?
Not sure about embossing. I think I might get the electronic though.

Back