TEXAS IS OUT!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed them yesterday and they said possibly Friday but definitely by Tuesday, so it’s looking like Tuesday. 
I went to the board today because its 3 min driving from home. It seems they are waiting for the long weekend, so what I did was I just took a pencil from the board.  :party-smiley-048:

Is the Texas grade displayed in percent or points?  I got 70, so that's either 56/80 (reasonable) or 70/80 (I'd be hella surprised).  ME: Machine Design and Materials

Is the Texas grade displayed in percent or points?  I got 70, so that's either 56/80 (reasonable) or 70/80 (I'd be hella surprised).  ME: Machine Design and Materials
It is the percent of questions that didn't get cut, so probably something like 53/76.

You received 56/80. My grade is displayed as 84 which is 67/80. I also took the Machine Design.

Nice you really cut it real real real close with 70%.   Many people with 68% and 69% would give up anything to get one more problem right.

Passing with 70% is the same as passing with 100%, you're a PE.

For Texas, if your score does not say 70 or greater you will not pass.

See: §133.73 Examination Results and Analysis.
I mean yes so based on the scaled score which for example a fail score of 68% what was the raw score of that scaled 68%? 54/80? 53/80? That's what I am asking...Or did anybody here got exactly like 70% scaled score and passed? So we can see how much correct answer was it over 80?

Last edited by a moderator:
A little piece of advice. Take it or leave it. I passed the exam but had a lower score than a coworker. Seemed as if I was judged on that for a while. The score is long gone now and I don't think I could pull it up if I wanted to. A pass is a pass. That's all anyone needs to know. Just something I wish I would have realized before sharing....unless you made a 100 then tell everyone. Even strangers on the street. 

I mean yes so based on the scaled score which for example a fail score of 68% what was the raw score of that scaled 68%? 54/80? 53/80? That's what I am asking...Or did anybody here got exactly like 70% scaled score and passed? So we can see how much correct answer was it over 80?
How they get the number they give you is the magical question...

Has anyone every had success with the board re-scoring the exam? I made a 69, so just curious to see if they would re-score it or grade it by hand to confirm the result. Figured it's worth a shot.

Has anyone every had success with the board re-scoring the exam? I made a 69, so just curious to see if they would re-score it or grade it by hand to confirm the result. Figured it's worth a shot.
I doubt the stats have changed but on the NCEES site (I think in the handbook) it says a manual grade has never changed a score.

Basically you're just giving away money.

Don't even hesitate dude for a mere $75! I would definitely do it! 

I doubt the stats have changed but on the NCEES site (I think in the handbook) it says a manual grade has never changed a score.

Basically you're just giving away money.
Ofc they said that, $75 is very low rate of payment for their staff to do review of the result. But you know, its $75 you make that in lessthan 2hrs. 

Back