Tennessee Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
texfrazer, did your friend get his PE or FE results?
He got his PE results. It was delivered to his office (where he had requested the results be sent).

I guess it's possible that it could take an additional day to get out to residential addresses. His office is downtown.

so far we have alot of third party accounts of results.......

I just checked but i dont think the mail ran today (all the snow..... :rolleyes: ) Im ready to hear a first party post that have results in hand. Anyways guess tomorrow will be a big day for most of us

Well, the guy I know who got his results today studied with me and we both took the Fire Protection exam, so that's a solid confirmation. However, I just talked with my wife and nothing came in our mail today. My guess is that he got his today because it went to his work, which was downtown.

From what I can see---no one on this board from TN has received their results----are the results like the tooth fairy---you hear about them but you never see them?

My letter came today to work in Brentwood... I passed!

BTW, the letter is dated December 29th...

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually saw my co-workers FE results. They arrived at the office today; I held them in my own two hands.

However, the PE results are still a mystery! We had three people in the office take the PE and not a single one of us got our results today.

December 29???????? I can send in my business taxes to Nashville and the check can come back to my bank quicker than that----I think somebody forgot to mail them out before they went out partying on New Years Eve!-----

Congrats to you seanc06 for passing------

In hand results for PE. Came to my office in Smyrna.

Quoting the letter "you FAILED." Back to studying.

The letter is dated 12-29-09 from the state of Tennessee. Why so long to receive?

Our Memphis City Hall affice receive mail twice a day. Checked my afternoon mail - no result :brickwall: :mail-296: :waitwall:

Got results about 15 minutes ago. I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!

I live just outside downtown Nashville. Letter was normal size with passing letter and a return envelope to pay the registration fee. I thought I failed when I saw the return envelope, assuming it was for my reapplication!

Just cracked my first of many Silver Bullets for the evening! Good luck to everyone!

Chall---Don't give up--I have taken more than once----I was told you don't fail until you stop trying---You just didn't pass this time----

In hand results for PE. Came to my office in Smyrna.Quoting the letter "you FAILED." Back to studying.

The letter is dated 12-29-09 from the state of Tennessee. Why so long to receive?
don't give up. u'll make it next time. use the diagnostic report to assess where u messed up, and concentrate on that portion. so by how much did u miss? i mean what does the diagnostic say?

In hand results for PE. Came to my office in Smyrna.Quoting the letter "you FAILED." Back to studying.

don't give up. u'll make it next time. use the diagnostic report to assess where u messed up, and concentrate on that portion. so by how much did u miss? i mean what does the diagnostic say?
The diagnostic isn't much help anymore. NCEES does not issue your actual score anymore. They only issue a pass/fail. The analyis is only a chart showing percentage correct for each subject, but they don't tell you how many questions there was and how many you got correct. My best guess from the chart is between a 65-67%.

My boss told me that back when he took the exam, people could go to the state office and actually review their exam, so I am going to email Wanda and see if this is still possible.

The diagnostic isn't much help anymore. NCEES does not issue your actual score anymore. They only issue a pass/fail. The analyis is only a chart showing percentage correct for each subject, but they don't tell you how many questions there was and how many you got correct. My best guess from the chart is between a 65-67%.

My boss told me that back when he took the exam, people could go to the state office and actually review their exam, so I am going to email Wanda and see if this is still possible.
You should be able to tell from the percentage correct for each section of exam, how many you got correct in morning and evening, since each section has a specific weightage. For example in morning, each of 5 portions (viz. structural, geotech etc.) have a weigtage of 20%, so since you know the percentage correct in each of them, you should be able to find how many u got correct. Obviously this will be the raw score and not the scaled score.

Keep trying.

Finally! Third times the charm. Passed the Power-Electrical Exam....woo hoo!! congrats to everyone (persistence paid off this time)

Back