Storms ?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets be politically correct here.

I believe it's "la gente."

Yeah, Texas set a new winter peak this week amidst the rolling outages. Seems that the generation people can't keep their pipes unfrozen (spoken as a transmission guy ;) ).

We have about 3" of snow on the ground. You'd think it's SHTF around here. People driving 10 mph in the clear lane on freeways, everybody running late to work, all area schools closed. I myself was 15 minutes late to work this morning... instead of 7:20, got here at 7:35...

Helps when I have a big heavy underpowered old Suburban to drive in the snow though. It can almost break the tires loose on ice... almost.

I wonder how many generating units in Texas were in scheduled maintenance outages when this one hit. I would be willing to bet that both STP and Comanche Peak have one unit down for refuel.

Sent home from work yesterday at noon and given today off as well. Excellent timing for it not coming on my Friday off. FREE VACATION DAY (and a half)! :w00t:

Back