Spring 2016 grading date

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NCEES chat feature just informed me that results should be out by the end of the month. :) 

Their chat feature is useless.  My friend asked about PE results and they said in a few weeks when she got them that day.  Put us all out of our F5 misery. 

That was my point. I'm not sure why they have it to just parrot the boiler plate from the site. Maybe useful for a question on a form or something...

That was my point. I'm not sure why they have it to just parrot the boiler plate from the site. Maybe useful for a question on a form or something...
I wonder if it makes them laugh as we ask these questions and they know the real answer but they provide the scripted one...

So what's everyone waiting on?  

I am waiting on lateral (passed vertical last fall) but this time I decided to not tell anyone I was taking the exam in hopes to take the pressure off.  Unfortunately I learned in MA you need to reapply after trying twice and it looks like you could be subject to an oral exam if they so please which is comforting because a 16 hour exam isn't proof enough you're out of your mind.  It has made this wait much harder than October.

I wonder if it makes them laugh as we ask these questions and they know the real answer but they provide the scripted one...

I am waiting on lateral (passed vertical last fall) but this time I decided to not tell anyone I was taking the exam in hopes to take the pressure off.  Unfortunately I learned in MA you need to reapply after trying twice and it looks like you could be subject to an oral exam if they so please which is comforting because a 16 hour exam isn't proof enough you're out of your mind.  It has made this wait much harder than October.
I'm waiting on vertical, first try. I'm going to take the lateral in October regardless of this result.

Couldn't you take the test in another state and avoid the oral exam?

Yeah I think that would be my try if the state board decided to go that route.  Hopefully I will either pass or they say I have demonstrated enough gained knowledge with my new submission of calculations if I ever decided to take it again.  I know certain states don't offer it (i.e. Rhode Island which would be my second choice because it's so close).  I definitely should have looked into things more before I dove in but my coworker passed in one weekend both days so I figured I would be okay since we work on the same projects and have similar backgrounds including studying.  Silly me.

Vertical Bridge, first try. Felt good walking out of it, but I've thought of a lot of errors and checks I missed since then. If I passed, I'll do lateral in the spring. If I failed, but I'm close, I'll take it again in the fall. If it was a total train wreck, I may take a while off. I'm already a PE and don't really work in SE states, so pressure is low from that standpoint. 

Bridge, if you want to apply up here in Maine our board is quite helpful and I took the SE with a gentleman from Canada and another from Pennsylvania as apparently Maine is a easy state to apply to and reasonably low cost to take the exam (plus you get a "free" weekend vacation in Maine). I've since used the SE exam I took in Maine to successfully get a stamp in MA without issue; though I only had to take the exam twice so they may have had issue if I took the exam more than that.

I felt the lateral morning multiple choice was pretty tough. The questions we much more 'out of the box' than the lateral practice tests I took. Most the practice tests I took had like 10-15 problems that were all just find the Seismic Category or Ta period or what lateral resisting system is good for this Risk and Seismic Cat. 

A lot more in-depth multiple choice questions were on the actual exam. I was able to work thru them but without practice questions like it leaves you without confidence. 

Bridge, if you want to apply up here in Maine our board is quite helpful and I took the SE with a gentleman from Canada and another from Pennsylvania as apparently Maine is a easy state to apply to and reasonably low cost to take the exam (plus you get a "free" weekend vacation in Maine). I've since used the SE exam I took in Maine to successfully get a stamp in MA without issue; though I only had to take the exam twice so they may have had issue if I took the exam more than that.
Good information!  I have heard Maine is super nice for the PE.  I love visiting Maine for the weekend so it would be a good consolation prize for losing a Saturday.

I felt the lateral morning multiple choice was pretty tough. The questions we much more 'out of the box' than the lateral practice tests I took. Most the practice tests I took had like 10-15 problems that were all just find the Seismic Category or Ta period or what lateral resisting system is good for this Risk and Seismic Cat. 

A lot more in-depth multiple choice questions were on the actual exam. I was able to work thru them but without practice questions like it leaves you without confidence. 
I agree.  The April version was definitely harder for multiple choice than October.  The first few shook my confidence for the rest of the morning unfortunately.  I spent a lot of time learning in depth this time but being a bridge person it was never going to be straightforward and comfortable.

I agree.  The April version was definitely harder for multiple choice than October.  The first few shook my confidence for the rest of the morning unfortunately.  I spent a lot of time learning in depth this time but being a bridge person it was never going to be straightforward and comfortable.
Thankfully NCEES does scale the exam if it is statistically harder than their benchmark.

I had a few friends who took the PE this year get their results around 4 on a Friday, but they knew NCEES had already given them to the states and were just waiting on PCS to release them. 

I wonder what I'll do with all my free time when I'm not glued to NCEES, refreshing my account.

I will hope for tomorrow but I am thinking even if they release tomorrow PCS won't release for another day...  this waiting kills my productivity levels.

I will hope for tomorrow but I am thinking even if they release tomorrow PCS won't release for another day...  this waiting kills my productivity levels.
Yay for no PCS state. It does kill productivity, but nothing like it did when I was waiting for the PE results. I took that in Fall '14 and the results were released about 10 days later than what they had been for the past few years, so I had about 2 weeks of reduced productivity waiting on those.

Back