Spouse Occupation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What does your spouse / significant other do for a living?

• Stay at Home Mom / Dad

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Engineer

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Nurse

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • CPA

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Teacher

• Proffessor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medical Doctor

• administrative / clerical

• construction

• Real Estate

• Stripper

• Marketing / Consulting

• General Business

• other :D

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
I quoted this thread at lunch, saying that the only occupations that engineers marry are SAHM, teachers, nurses, or other engineers. Thanks, eb.com, for having my back. 

While our kids are young, Mrs. ptatohed stays at home with them.  Kevin 6, Jason 3, Emily negative 2 weeks!  Before Kevin, Mrs. p was a teacher. 

Mrs. jeb6294 is a paramedic...does that count towards nurse?

Ex-Mrs. jeb6294 was a useless POS. When the boys were young she quit to stay home with them...so why were they in daycare?

Mrs. jeb6294 is a paramedic...does that count towards nurse?

Ex-Mrs. jeb6294 was a useless POS. When the boys were young she quit to stay home with them...so why were they in daycare?
My wife currently is a SAHM.  She would much rather work than do that though.

My kids go to mothers day out two days a week, during which she shops, doctor appointment, cleans house, batch cooks, works out, etc.  Also allows the kids to begin getting adjusted to going to school.  Also kids were frequently getting sick to where my wife couldn't work anyway. 

From the tone of your post I think there is more to your ex than that.  But that's what my wife does even with the kids in daycare/school/Mothers day out/whatever you want to call it.

100% SAHM and me dont equate either.  After the initial 3 months home completely, I needed to start flexing my brain again.  Partime work parttime SAHM was the best!!!!!  I was able to do that with both kiddos for the first year of their life.  

From the tone of your post I think there is more to your ex than that.  But that's what my wife does even with the kids in daycare/school/Mothers day out/whatever you want to call it.
Yeah, they were in regular 5 day per week full day daycare. She kept herself occupied by going out shopping.

A little late to this game. My spouse is a stay-at-home parent. Was active military, just went into active guard when we had our first child. Made the decision then (special needs kid requiring lots of care) for me to be the working parent.

My wife works as an engineer. So chalk that up to another engineer marrying an engineer. We drop the little one off at daycare three days a week, and each of our mothers watch her the other two days.

Back