Spouse Occupation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What does your spouse / significant other do for a living?

• Stay at Home Mom / Dad

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Engineer

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Nurse

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • CPA

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Teacher

• Proffessor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medical Doctor

• administrative / clerical

• construction

• Real Estate

• Stripper

• Marketing / Consulting

• General Business

• other :D

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
I still have a 13 inch TV I bought from Target while I was working there in 1987 - a JVC. Still works, but it only goes up to channel 25 or so. The picture still looks good, even. We were using it in the kitchen but our housekeeper's Samsung died, so she's using it now in her room.

Wait a minute!!! You have live-in domestic help? What on earth is the COLA supplement out there?

My wife is an RAI Coordinator (Resident Assessment Instrument) for the regional government here, making more than I did in my last engineer job (but I didn't work for the government). Doesn't bother me at all, allows more flexibility in what I want to pursue in the future.

I married a teacher who is becoming a stay at home mom in anticipation of our first.

my wife has a masters in library and information studies, but due to the economy, assigns claims to and manages insurance adjusters.

^Canada has a government?
Oh yes, still very independent from Great Britain although part of the "Commonwealth."
I was kidding! I like Canada, it's America's Hat. I've been to every province except NL and the Yukon as well. Vacationed in Canada a few times.

terrence_philip.jpg

My wife works P/T from home as an accountant and does pretty well for a P/T gig. Our kids are 5 & 7. We've trimmed our expenses back- 3 cars are paid for, plus I've got a company ride with a gas card that I drive 95% of everywhere I go. She has no student loans. I graduated with only $5k of debt that is almost gone, GI Bill covered the rest. My company crackberry is my only phone, no house phone. She has a pre-paid one that suits her just fine, and it's dirt cheap. No CCs.

Our house is nice, but older with a lot of sweat equity in it. It was a project when we bought it. We live pretty cheaply, but are comfortable and I still get to have plenty of toys. :beerchug:

Back