South Carolina PE Engineering Technology program

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mot14

Reaction score
Has anyone passed th SC PE exam and was a graduate of an Engineering Technology program? After passing the PE exam, I found that I need to submit three project portfolios and interview with the board. Has anyone performed this activity and have opinions / suggestions / recommendations? What are the chances of performing these activities and not being accepted to become a licensed Engineer in SC?

Thanks for comments

Has anyone passed th SC PE exam and was a graduate of an Engineering Technology program? After passing the PE exam, I found that I need to submit three project portfolios and interview with the board. Has anyone performed this activity and have opinions / suggestions / recommendations? What are the chances of performing these activities and not being accepted to become a licensed Engineer in SC?

Thanks for comments
I would be interested in this information as well. I will be graduating from CET program in May and SC is one of the states I'm considering becoming licensed in. However, I was under the impression that you had to go through the process created for professionals with CET degree (submitting portfolio and interview) prior to taking PE exam? Based on your post, it sounds like you were permitted to take your PE exam prior?

I was able to take the exam this past October without an interview.

I did, I was not asked to provide any sort of portfolio work or meet for an interview

Very interesting topic. I too graduated with a CET from a SC school, and the thought of having to do all of that to get my PE was scary. I've decided to take the PE elsewhere, once my experience is complete and then ask for reciprocity in SC later. Congrats on passing the exam!

Very interesting topic. I too graduated with a CET from a SC school, and the thought of having to do all of that to get my PE was scary. I've decided to take the PE elsewhere, once my experience is complete and then ask for reciprocity in SC later. Congrats on passing the exam!

Thunnda, one thing you may want to consider is that some states may still require that all their requirements be met before granting you a license through comity. So even if you're able to obtain your PE license in another state, you may still have to fulfill SC's requirements before they grant you a license. That may or may not be the case, I would just recommend that you check into that before going the route you indicated.

Back