SOUND Advice

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the way it sounds when I visit it at Target, but I don't own one. 
Me too.  I just can't make up my mind.  I like that it's small, water resistant, and has an aux-in, too.  The ones that are an upgrade from this one are really nice, but I don't know that I need all that.

also my main reason for bose v sonos

It’s the difference between hearing bass and feeling thunder

(quote from the bose soundtouch system ad)

I want to feel thunder!

I'm a BOSE fan.  But I have no direct experience with their bluetooth speaker.  I was given a Jam Box speaker for Christmas (I think it was last year).

like this: https://www.amazon.com/Jawbone-Bluetooth-Speaker-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B004E10KI8

I guess they discontinued it.  Anyway, it sounds good for a small speaker, but I don't use it all that much because I've got a decent system with speakers mounted in the house (mostly BOSE (AM-5's, 301s, 151s) that I use to play background music.

I don't think "thunder" applies to any of these tiny speakers. I can realistically reproduce thunder, but it takes a 12 inch Velodrome driver powered by a 1500 watt amp.

I don't think "thunder" applies to any of these tiny speakers. I can realistically reproduce thunder, but it takes a 12 inch Velodrome driver powered by a 1500 watt amp.
Thanks for CRUSHING MY HOPES AND DREAMS

actually the thunder was in reference to the sub of the series if that helps? :dunno:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I like the way it sounds when I visit it at Target, but I don't own one. 
Me too.  I just can't make up my mind.  I like that it's small, water resistant, and has an aux-in, too.  The ones that are an upgrade from this one are really nice, but I don't know that I need all that.
Don't know anything about the Bose model, but this comes highly recommended by the audiophile community for a high-end BT speaker:

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-Bluetooth-Waterproof-Shockproof/dp/B014M8ZO8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514845037&sr=8-1&keywords=boom+2+speaker

Back