Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am being tormented by an undead fly. I swear I've hit this thing 5 or 6 times by now. It started it's torment yesterday. At one point I even executed a double tap, since a figured the first blow only stunned it. However after the second blow, its body fell to the floor where I was unable to locate it and confirm the kill. Now it is back today, and I am going into full on hunter mode.
I've had good luck with rubber bands. Just pull it back on your thumb and shoot it at the fly. Once the fly lands, you can get close enough to hit it with the rubber band without scaring it. The fly's reaction time is slower than the elastic so you should be able to get a lethal blow. If you have a strong enough ruber band you have a good shot at dismembering it.

HFS. I have never seen a set of flanges with the thinnest layer of scale on the gasket surface take so long to clean up. That sh*t was tough.

Tryin to get internet at the new place is worse than pulling teeth.

GCI shows they provide service at my address with their online tool, all sales reps state they provide service, yet all my install appointments keep getting cancelled by dispatch without no notification to me. Have driven out and waited twice now (5 hr appointment windows) for them to show up after confirming the appointment (it got canned after I called to confirm).

Finally got a GCI supervisor on the phone. Apparently all the sales information is wrong, and the house isn't covered & never will be. Why couldn't they tell me that 2 f'n weeks ago! I woulda had the other provider lined up by now to hook it up.

Now I gotta pay more for slower speeds and less allowable usage. Arrrg!

Want to go knock some heads around right now!!!

Maybe the internet tubes need to be replaced/upgraded? ;)
Nah, they just need to get their $hit together and tell people from the get go if their house is in the service area or not!

Went to the other provider in town, 20 min later, walked out with the modem and internet will be active by noon Monday. I can't really complain about that as I'm doing the uhaul thing monday morning.

What a day already. Jump in the shower at 0540 and NO hot water. Cold Shower. 0600 in the crawl space and troubleshooting the problem. 0600-0730 replacing hot water supply lines in anticipation of a sediment blockage somewhere. 0735 realized that the "this guy" never winterized the outside hose bib,therefore freezing the hose and ultimately bursting the hose. The tee for the hose bib line is just upstream of the water heater inlet, which caused a drop in pressure to the water heater. So, the lack of water pressure in, caused a drop water pressure out of the water heater. Closed valve to hose bib on supply line, pressure restored through water heater, and thus a restoration of hot water.

0810 first cup of coffee. What a day already.

yeah. but at least you realized it and it was a pretty easy fix.

Yes. definitely. I was quite puzzled for a while there though. If it were not for the fresh snow on the ground which had melted from the water leaving from the burst hose, I would still be working on it.

so I ordered a CD with minisnicks daycare school pics on it so I get the release form so I can make prints for xmas presents. It was supposedly shipped on 11/23. Still haven't gotten it. I emailed last night saying as of 12/9 we still haven't gotten the order WTF. The response back was it was mailed on 11/23 and delivered to our address if you haven't received it reply back. Seriously did you not READ the email that said we did not receive it

always a great day when you figure out you are allergic to the hypoallergenic laundry soap....looks like I need to rewash the sheets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to do something to help people out and they undo what I did and f**k everything up.

I opened / cracked all water valves at utility stations around not only my plants, but others' plants as well so a bazillion feet of water in the pipe racks won't freeze and burst. Well, most of these valves i opened in the not-my-plant areas were closed this morning. )#$*@#. As I open these valves no water comes out. These lines f**king froze, broke, and then thawed and leaked. It doesn't affect me directly, but my pipefitters will be up in the racks changing out pipe and gaskets for all of these leaks. Ops will find every opportunity to screw up since they will assume no blame when sh*t breaks. "Maintenance needs to fix it and fix it quick." @#)$*_#@*$)#@_$@&!!!

Back