Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mid to upper 80's here this past weekend. Today's rain is a pleasant change of pace.

Another beauty...

Costumer's email last sentence: I want to be reimbursed for the power I lose every time there is an outage.

I did not know how to respond to our representative, the lady dealing with the costumer,and trying as hard as I could not to become a cynical arsehole here is the response:

DK: I do not know if we do really have to clarify this or this is some kind of a joke. In case we do have to clarify please let the costumer know the meter does not spin if there is no power. That being said, there is nothing to reimburse.

It baffles me that I had to answer this stupidity with all the important things in the plate right now.

Another beauty...

Costumer's email last sentence: I want to be reimbursed for the power I lose every time there is an outage.

I did not know how to respond to our representative, the lady dealing with the costumer,and trying as hard as I could not to become a cynical arsehole here is the response:

DK: I do not know if we do really have to clarify this or this is some kind of a joke. In case we do have to clarify please let the costumer know the meter does not spin if there is no power. That being said, there is nothing to reimburse.

It baffles me that I had to answer this stupidity with all the important things in the plate right now.
I bet she is serious, and it wouldn't surprise me if she took the co-op or power company to small claims court for some punitive damages due to "lost productivity," "pain and suffering," or some other such nonsense. It hardly matters that there are no compensatory damages in the case. People are entitled to reliable power, dammit, and if they don't get it, somebody has to pay! Such is the state of our current legal system.

Well, as per the standard, today is Thursday and half the site sh*t itself. One plant is forced into an early outage (not mine) and the environmental unit is hemorrhaging and, if that unit gives up the ghost, the remaining plants will be shutdown. Happy Thursday. :eek:ldman:

The pathway to hell is paved with good intentions...

Well, very long story short, an OEM is onsite to fix critical equipment, get in half of a day late, didn't get all the proper training done to perform work onsite (as specified by me), tell us as they arrive onsite that we need to furnish all tools (metric... ain't nobody got that sh*t!), and everything if falling to sh*t. Everything was planned out, specified, understood... until... the OEM people start talking. I need hard alcohol, but I'll be working until 11 tonight and starting again bright and early tomorrow at 6 (on my Friday OFF!) and maybe some on Saturday, too.

So pissed about this is turning into a circus freak show... :blowup:

Agreed, I'm asthmatic and it never stopped me.

Took the lack of feeling in my feet to do that. Though I have been doing some walking lately for exercise which has been going well. There is a park down the street from here with a pretty level path along the river that I've been enjoying lately.

I've noticed I heal in fits and spurts, then hit a plateau for a while. The healing spurts are weird. I get this intense pins and needles feelings and phantom shooting pains, which then subside into increased feeling. The plateaus are frustrating as hell.

My hands are reasonably good. I can handle a knife in the kitchen, and write serviceably. The feet have been slower to progress. I'm going to need to join a gym or something this winter so I can stay active on my feet, which I think helps. It's just too cold here to spend much time outside in the winter sometimes.

I'll be ready for the EB adventure club in the spring I bet.

This is what I think of when someone mentions knife safety in the kitchen:

tumblr_le5w6g4tml1qeolcio1_500.gif

I've noticed I heal in fits and spurts, then hit a plateau for a while. The healing spurts are weird. I get this intense pins and needles feelings and phantom shooting pains, which then subside into increased feeling. The plateaus are frustrating as hell.

My hands are reasonably good. I can handle a knife in the kitchen, and write serviceably. The feet have been slower to progress. I'm going to need to join a gym or something this winter so I can stay active on my feet, which I think helps. It's just too cold here to spend much time outside in the winter sometimes.

I'll be ready for the EB adventure club in the spring I bet.

Our local hospital also has a gym. I find it's great, because there are plenty of fit people mixed with folks rehabbing something. It makes the classes and the atmosphere really friendly. Is there something like that around you?

There is an enormous hospital and related facilities in town. People come from all over central and western ND to go there. It wouldn't surprise me if there was something like that. Worth looking into, as I am sure I will struggle some.

Back