Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is also a reasonable sized state U. in town. I used to take some classes in the evening at the Dartmouth gym when I lived in VT. It was right down the street from work and they had nicer facilities than any of the local gyms at the time.

Plus that 4-legged excuse to get out and walk that fell into my lap today...I'm kind of hoping by the town the snow piles up that his bare belly makes clearance. I remember carrying Helena a lot after getting her in the cold weather. Good arm workout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sat through one of the most boring "Lunch and Learn" meetings in history... only to find out at the end, when no lunch had arrived, that there was going to be no lunch.

As in this type of "brown bag affair"?

20090811_40oz_250x375.jpg

Well, we were told the vendor was going to supply the lunches. Turns out the one who organized the meeting didn't quite understand that the vendor was never going to bring lunch.

Well, we were told the vendor was going to supply the lunches. Turns out the one who organized the meeting didn't quite understand that the vendor was never going to bring lunch.
Around here when the vendor "supplies the lunch" it means your admins make all the arrangements, and set it out and the vendor pays the bill. Yiou really can't expect the speaker to walk in with food for all of the attendees.

^^^ It happens occasionally. There were only eight of us if you don't count the three vendor people. Either way, sometimes food is there at the beginning and other times it's arranged so that the food comes after the presentation so you're enticed to stay the whole time.

we almost always made the vendor deal with it - only way people care about listening to their BS if there are either PDH's or lunch involved, preferably both!

we eat during the presentation so that it's during your lunch hour and you don't lose any work time durnig the day.

Because of ethics laws, we can't accept anything from vendors.

There was a strict policy, at least in my particular department, at my last employer that if you were treated to anything besides small crap (coffee mug, pen, note pad, etc...) from a vendor, you could be fired on the spot. We didn't even have any say in who supplied what, but we still had the policy.

Our policy is vague. Technically no one is allowed to receive anything over $50, but the ambiguity lies in the relationship between the vendor and the role of the employee. If the vendor isn't on the project and the employee does not have signature authority, then management doesn't really care.

These loopholes allow some of my ex-coworkers take me out to play golf a couple times over the summer, and they can write it off as a business expense...

I am being tormented by an undead fly. I swear I've hit this thing 5 or 6 times by now. It started it's torment yesterday. At one point I even executed a double tap, since a figured the first blow only stunned it. However after the second blow, its body fell to the floor where I was unable to locate it and confirm the kill. Now it is back today, and I am going into full on hunter mode.

Back