Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! MOTHER F'R!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

My boss likes to keep me in the dark.

We're doing a concrete replacement in a large section of our parkinglot. I show up to work this morning and get told by the security guard that the mayor, and 4 state representatives are coming to talk with my boss in an hour and that he wanted the parkinglot cleaned up and presentable...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are in the middle of a pour and I have scheduled (and posted on all exits as well as e-mailed everyone in the plant that we're doing sidewalk rennovations starting this morning as we wait for the parkinglot to cure.

So, I'm scrambling to get the saw guy postponed so he's not cutting sidewalk areas in front of the guard's desk while we have people showing up at our entrance... moving barricades to open up a small section of lot that is complete near the front entrance.

I used to be somewhat intimidated by people in upper managment, but I've known my boss my entire 13 yr career and he does NOT indimidate me.

I just came from his office where I let loose on him and he actually said "Sorry".

That SOB.

Ever since I became a PE, my boss treats me as if I just started doing this work two weeks ago. I must copy him on every email sent (even ones to the receptionist asking her to print something and make copies). I'm not allowed to reply to RFI's any longer and shop drawings that have been reviewed by me now must go back to him for his approval to send out. 11.5 years of not doing the above and then, BAM, 6 months ago I get my PE license and now I'm a moron who needs his hand held to do anything...except stamping ALL designs that come out of our department since he is NOT a PE. I know it's because he's insecure and just needs to remind me who's boss. A move to greener pastures sounds better every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever since I became a PE, my boss treats me as if I just started doing this work two weeks ago. I must copy him on every email sent (even ones to the receptionist asking her to print something and make copies). I'm not allowed to reply to RFI's any longer and shop drawings that have been reviewed by me now must go back to him for his approval to send out. 11.5 years of not doing the above and then, BAM, 6 months ago I get my PE license and now I'm a moron who needs his hand held to do anything...except stamping ALL designs that come out of our department since he is NOT a PE. I know it's because he's insecure and just needs to remind me who's boss. A move to greener pastures sounds better every day.
He may be doing that as a precaution until he is able to secure professional insurance on you. Although have another, non-PE, set of eyes reviewing something before it goes out the door does not reduce the consequences on you or the company if something were to go wrong with your design. If I were you, I wouldn't be plan stamping for the company ESPECIALLY if they aren't carrying insurance on you to cover losses resulting from a lawsuit over something you stamped.

Who stamped the designs before you got your PE?

If your stamping things, then you're responsible for the design. You don't need his approval, he needs yours for any changes he wants to make. You should tell him that.

He may be doing that as a precaution until he is able to secure professional insurance on you. Although have another, non-PE, set of eyes reviewing something before it goes out the door does not reduce the consequences on you or the company if something were to go wrong with your design. If I were you, I wouldn't be plan stamping for the company ESPECIALLY if they aren't carrying insurance on you to cover losses resulting from a lawsuit over something you stamped.
I'm fairly certain that the professional liability insurance for our company covers me as well. At least that's what one of the other partners told me.

Who stamped the designs before you got your PE?

If your stamping things, then you're responsible for the design. You don't need his approval, he needs yours for any changes he wants to make. You should tell him that.
You're right, he does need my approval and he got it because I'm involved with every design in one way or another but I really think that being the boss (partner) and having to ask me (peon) to stamp was too much and now he just acts like a douche.

Good gosh, people, they are called SHOES and you should wear them ALL THE TIME when you're in the OFFICE. I don't need your nasty naked feet all over the carpet.

Gee... did you not think that using a hammer to pound a nail into something while it's on your desk might, I dunno, crack the 1/4"-3/8" thick glass overlayment?? Oh, so you "dropped" your cell phone on it.... I'd love to see the hammer-shaped cell phone that could withstand that kind of force and still allow you to be talking on it this afternoon....

side note.... is there an award for "Most Worthless Employee"? I think we have a winner

Good gosh, people, they are called SHOES and you should wear them ALL THE TIME when you're in the OFFICE. I don't need your nasty naked feet all over the carpet.
We've got a guy at my work that likes to walk barefoot. I don't get it. It's an office, not your effing living room! He falls into the "most worthless category" discussed below.

Gee... did you not think that using a hammer to pound a nail into something while it's on your desk might, I dunno, crack the 1/4"-3/8" thick glass overlayment?? Oh, so you "dropped" your cell phone on it.... I'd love to see the hammer-shaped cell phone that could withstand that kind of force and still allow you to be talking on it this afternoon....
side note.... is there an award for "Most Worthless Employee"? I think we have a winner
We have at least 4 desrving of that award at my work, out of only approximately 25 employees. If I could just be the boss for a day I'd trim so much fat from this place.

AAAAHHHHHHH. I don't think I have been on the phone this much since ever. Conference call this afternoon.

Geeze who would have ever thought working parttime would be more stressful than working fulltime.

If you cannot make it to the bathroom or are too lazy to make the walk to the bathroom you need to stay home. Having a coffee can under your desk to piss in is NOT acceptable, even if you are the boss. Dumping it out on the roof gravel adjacent to the patio so it smells like a god damned homless person's home under the bridge is not acceptable either. I swear, my workplace gets more bizzare and effed up every day!

If you cannot make it to the bathroom or are too lazy to make the walk to the bathroom you need to stay home. Having a coffee can under your desk to piss in is NOT acceptable, even if you are the boss. Dumping it out on the roof gravel adjacent to the patio so it smells like a god damned homless person's home under the bridge is not acceptable either. I swear, my workplace gets more bizzare and effed up every day!

Wow. That is truly disgusting. I'm just wondering what kind of person thinks that's acceptable.

Wow. That is truly disgusting. I'm just wondering what kind of person thinks that's acceptable.
Agree. I would not work for someone like that. If I were you, I'd be sending out resumes.

That is wrong. Time to get out of there!

Back