shampoo recommendations?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations. I've reached the end of the my scalp tolerating my current shampoo/conditioner. This always happens. My skin is super sensitive. I find something that works and I can tolerate, I can use it for a year or two then I have to find something new because the skin starts breaking out again.

About a year (maybe 2?) ago, I switched to Sappo Hill’s shampoo bar:

https://www.sappohill.com/product.asp?specific=2046
It’s a lot more work for me to wash my hair than the typical shampoo/rinse/conditioner/rinse deal, but there is much I love about it and I don’t think I’ll go back to the normal stuff.

Firstly, no packaging! That was what first piqued my interest in the switch, to eliminate some plastics in the bathroom (we’re not at zero, that’s for sure, but I’m of the mind that every little bit helps!). Secondly, it’s only one product! The shampoo bar does what both the shampoo and conditioner were needed for before. My hair has never been softer and I like that it is simpler ingredients and is made by a company that really does things right in my opinion. I wash my hair on average every two days and it really leaves my hair well nourished! I recommend it. :)

I use the $$$$ stuff but i wash less often so it works out i guess? I use the pureology gold line.
I also use the amika exfoliating gel once a week or so to get off any buildup that may occur. I'm happy with the results so far! and if i 'm feeling like i need some more oomf i'll prob double condition once a week ish with my remaining paul mitchell lavender mint shampoo. woo!

i'm starting with Aveeno Strength & Length Plant Protein Blend Shampoo & conditioner smells like coconut and shea butter to me...but so far it seems to be working...it isn't irritating the scalp, but the scalp still needs to heal.

Back