SE Results are Out

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to all that end up passing.  If you did not pass just remember, this is the most difficult engineering exam that NCEES produces.  With experience and additional study, you will get there! 

Glad to see a fellow Yellow Jacket "GTJacket" has passed. Congrats!
Thanks David! I'm a proud GT grad despite our athletic short comings lol. I have to say thank you so much for your book on bridges. I've always done Buildings and knew very little when it came to ASSHTO. I know for sure it saved my butt on a few questions.  

For all those who didn't get acceptable results, hang in there...For the Illinois test takers, I have made this summary of past result-release milestones; I would guess Illinois would get their results by mid-week next week (as you can tell by the amount of data, I've been studying-for/taking this test way too long). SESW = SE Scoring Workshop in South Carolina (NCEES publishes these dates in their circular)

April 2013
0 weekends later = 4/12/13 (Vertical) thru 4/13/13 (Lateral) Exams
0 weekends later = 4/12/13 thru 4/13/13 SE Exam Meeting
8 weekends later = 6/6/13 thru 6/8/13 SE Scoring Workshop (aka SESW)
8 6/7 weeks later = 6/14/13 SE results released to state boards (6/7w after SESW)
9  5/7 weeks later = 6/20/13 SE results released on CTS (1 5/7w after SESW)

October 2013
0 weekends later = 10/26/13 (Lateral)
1 weekends later = 11/1/13 thru 11/2/13 SE Exam Meeting
6 weekends later = 12/5/13 thru 12/7/13 SESW
7 3/7 weeks later = 12/17/13 SE results released to state boards
7 3/7 weeks later = 12/17/13 SE results released on CTS

NA

April 2015
0 weekends later = 4/18/15 (Lateral) Exams
7 weekends later = 6/4/15 thru 6/6/15 SESW
8 2/7 weeks later = 6/15/15 SE results released to state boards (1 1/7w after SESW)
8 3/7 weeks later = 6/16/15 IDFPR Illinois SE Board Meeting (http://www.idfpr.com/Profs/Meetings/Minutes/SEMinutes06162015.pdf )
8 4/7 weeks later = 6/17/15 results released on CTS (aside: emailed BKC & PN) (1 4/7w after SESW)

April 2016
0 weekends later = 4/16/16 (Lateral) Exams
7 weekends later = 6/2/16 thru 6/4/16 SESW
8 3/7 weeks later = Tue 6/14/16 IDFPR Illinois SE Board Meeting Scheduled  (http://www.idfpr.com/Profs/Meetings/Notices/SEMeeting06142016.pdf )
8 4/7 weeks later = Wed 6/15/16 SE results released on CTS? (1 4/7w after SESW)

April 2017 *
0 weekends later = 4/22/17 (Lateral) Exams
6 weekends later = 6/1/17 thru 6/3/17 SESW
7 2/7 weeks later = 6/13/17 SE results released on NCEES
*IL SE Board meetings were scheduled on 5/23/17 and 7/18/17…https://www.idfpr.com/Profs/Boards/se.asp 

October 2017 (** = my estimate as of today)
0 weekends later = 10/28/13 (Lateral)
4 5/7 weeks later = 11/30/17 thru 12/2/13 SESW
5 6/7 weeks later = Various Engineerboards.com posts that “NC results are out”
**6 3/7 weeks later = Tue 12/12/17 SE results released to state boards?
**6 3/7 weeks later = Tue 12/12/17 SE results released on CTS?

@tenguy23

Thank you for sharing.  

I believe the October 2016 exam results were released to the states on 12/9 (similar to this season's), Illinois did not post PE results until 12/13 and SE results came out 12/16.  

Over/Under, 12/15 - 12/18... my guess.

I was one of two in Vermont to take the SE lateral this past October.  A coworker took SE lateral October 2016 and results came out on a Monday.  Since VT did not release on Friday, as many predicted, and as they were for the SE in April 2017, I would assume Monday will be the next best bet.  I was hoping to have the weekend after getting results, since I am not confident about an afternoon problem...Productivity might be low until then!

I was one of two in Vermont to take the SE lateral this past October.  A coworker took SE lateral October 2016 and results came out on a Monday.  Since VT did not release on Friday, as many predicted, and as they were for the SE in April 2017, I would assume Monday will be the next best bet.  I was hoping to have the weekend after getting results, since I am not confident about an afternoon problem...Productivity might be low until then!
Yes I would assume a lot of states come out Monday/Tuesday.  Illinois seems to drag their feet most the time however.

Its hard to imagine two people in a room taking that exam.  Illinois there is about 250-300 testing under very poor conditions.

Yes I would assume a lot of states come out Monday/Tuesday.  Illinois seems to drag their feet most the time however.

Its hard to imagine two people in a room taking that exam.  Illinois there is about 250-300 testing under very poor conditions.
Haha, yes, well VT is a small state.  And the other guy was from Canada, so I was actually the only Vermonter.

Similar for Maine, we had one from Canada and two from Maine when I took the SE lateral. A lot less people and most sit for just the PE exam.

Tx is out. Failed first time bridge lateral. 20/40 in the morning. Acceptable, Acceptable,  Improvement required. 

Texas, Passed, Vertical Building, thanks for this awesome forum, congratulations for everyone passed, for the failed guys, don't worry you will get it eventually.

Many thanks to EET! I took their lateral review course this time around and was able to pass vertical first try.  

Passed Vert. Bldg. first time. No review course taken. Congratulations to all who passed. Whoever failed, start hitting the books right back.  I don't think anyone can disagree that this is  the toughest test we would take in our profession. Having courage to just register for this test is a great thing in itself.

Passed Vert. Bldg. first time. No review course taken. Congratulations to all who passed. Whoever failed, start hitting the books right back.  I don't think anyone can disagree that this is  the toughest test we would take in our profession. Having courage to just register for this test is a great thing in itself.
Congrats!  What state ?

Passed the Lateral Building first time   I took the School of PE review course for lateral and found the notes to be very useful.  I also used David Connor's bridge book and found the practice problems to be very helpful.   

I passed the Gravity Building last April, so I think I'm done taking exams.  I appreciate all the helpful tips and suggestions posted on this forum.

Tx is out. Failed first time bridge lateral. 20/40 in the morning. Acceptable, Acceptable,  Improvement required. 
Certainly wouldn't feel too bad about that score. A handful more morning problems and I bet you'll get it. Hit the books again and you definitely got a great chance for the 2nd try.

Back