SE RESULTS ARE OUT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing in TX yet.  Waiting for results on both bridge components.  I think the exam was challenging, coming from someone with a strong academic background in bridge/earthquake engineering. 

Maine released yesterday afternoon as well. I passed Vertical and Lateral Buildings! Wishing everyone else good luck as they find out!

Maine released yesterday afternoon as well. I passed Vertical and Lateral Buildings! Wishing everyone else good luck as they find out!
Woohoo! Congratulations fellow Maine SE. Beer on me if you're up in the Orono area!

Woohoo! Congratulations fellow Maine SE. Beer on me if you're up in the Orono area!
Thanks!! I'm based in Massachusetts but sat for the exam in Maine. Long story short: My undergrad degree (ABET-TAC accredited) requires another year of experience before I can register in MA. When I was up there I really liked Woodman's though! 

Thanks!! I'm based in Massachusetts but sat for the exam in Maine. Long story short: My undergrad degree (ABET-TAC accredited) requires another year of experience before I can register in MA. When I was up there I really liked Woodman's though! 
Mmmm, they are good. It's actually been a while since I was there; might have to change that. Makes sense, Maine's fairly lax for letting people sit for the SE.

Nothing in MA yet. 
Being a PCS state they'll drag their feet for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 1 of 2 to take SE Vertical in Vermont and found out I passed.  I did not sit for the second day.  I was checking every hour Friday and didn't see anything.  I gave up checking around 4:30 pm or so, but then checked my email around 8:30 pm last night (Friday 6/9) and saw that I had gotten a result notification email at 5:17pm.  I wouldn't have though they would send them out after 5pm, but oh well!

I answered 30 problems with high confidence and 2 more with 75% confidence or so, guessed on 8 problems.  I would say I answered wood, masonry, and steel afternoon problems up to 90% complete with additional assumptions to fill in the gaps, then 75% for the concrete and filled in the gaps from there with explaining for the last 10-15 minutes or so.  I was still writing when they called the time and had to drop my pencil in the middle of the last sentence.  

I would have thought I was closer than I would like to be in the morning, but fairly confident in the afternoon.  What a relief!  I do plan to take the Lateral Buildings in the fall so will start studying w/ confidence soon (had already started a little).  I am a little nervous because I started studying a bit sooner for the Vertical, but shouldn't take as long to get back in the study groove this time.  At least that's what I'm hoping!  Good luck to everyone else!

I was 1 of 2 to take SE Vertical in Vermont and found out I passed.  I did not sit for the second day.  I was checking every hour Friday and didn't see anything.  I gave up checking around 4:30 pm or so, but then checked my email around 8:30 pm last night (Friday 6/9) and saw that I had gotten a result notification email at 5:17pm.  I wouldn't have though they would send them out after 5pm, but oh well!
This was almost exactly my experience on Friday. I figured after 4 PM it was going to be a wash. 

Failed, again, for the third time.

Morning, 24/40.

Afternoon: 1 acceptable, 2 improvement required, and 1 unacceptable.

This is a real kick to my ego. I, somewhat jokingly cycled through the five stages of grief in the last two days.

Morning, 24/40.

This is a real kick to my ego. I, somewhat jokingly cycled through the five stages of grief in the last two days.
Well, acceptance is the last of those stages, right? Sometimes we need a bit more practice before we get it right. You look like you're pretty close, maybe just a bit more on the morning and turn that unacceptable into an acceptable. At this point I'd look at what you're doing for your studying and see what you can do to mix it up and make it fresh and new. At this point it's probably the fatigue of studying for this is more your enemy than the material. Don't give up yet or those three attempts and 1.5 years of hard work will be for nothing.

anyone ready to sell their study material? like course notes, etc.?

PM me

Morning, 24/40.

Sorry to hear this.  I am right there with you.  Which state are you taking this in?

Back