SE RESULTS ARE OUT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking the SE this October just need some feed back on which review course program is more beneficial so that I can decide on which program might be more beneficial. Currently debating between the ASCE, School of PE, and PPI. Any information and/or reviews will be greatly appreciated. Than you in advance for your comments and time.

Taking the SE this October just need some feed back on which review course program is more beneficial so that I can decide on which program might be more beneficial. Currently debating between the ASCE, School of PE, and PPI. Any information and/or reviews will be greatly appreciated. Than you in advance for your comments and time.
I took the School of PE for SE lateral for the last round in April.  I failed the first time I took the test with no prep course, then used School of PE on my 2nd try and passed.  I have also heard good things about EET but have no personal experience.

I took the School of PE for SE lateral for the last round in April.  I failed the first time I took the test with no prep course, then used School of PE on my 2nd try and passed.  I have also heard good things about EET but have no personal experience.
Thank you for your comment. On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate the course?

Thank you for your comment. On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate the course?
Probably a 7/10 or 8/10, I think they could provide more homework problems and particularly afternoon examples but it is a tough test to prepare for as there is so much material that can be tested.  Any way you go, there is no substitute for working problems on your own.  I also recommend getting any sample tests you can find (NCEES has one, it's ok) and setting aside a day to take it as if it is the real thing a couple weeks or a month prior to the test to identify any problem areas and get in the testing mode.    

Probably a 7/10 or 8/10, I think they could provide more homework problems and particularly afternoon examples but it is a tough test to prepare for as there is so much material that can be tested.  Any way you go, there is no substitute for working problems on your own.  I also recommend getting any sample tests you can find (NCEES has one, it's ok) and setting aside a day to take it as if it is the real thing a couple weeks or a month prior to the test to identify any problem areas and get in the testing mode.    
Thank you!

For those in CA, my coworker (who passed both parts in April) was assigned his SE number! So check the database to see if your name is there too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have SEAOI notes and looking to trade for a different class...PPI preferably

Let me know if interested

Last edited by a moderator:
It is official!!!.  Passed both vertical and lateral first trial with no review course. Thanks to everybody here and best of luck for everyone who is still waiting.

It is official!!!.  Passed both vertical and lateral first trial with no review course. Thanks to everybody here and best of luck for everyone who is still waiting.
I'm looking to take the SE exam a year from now. I don't plan on using a review course because I learn best studying on my own. Any tips?

Back