School of PE - Thoughts?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomeDaySE

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just failed the lateral portion and am having a hard time getting motivated to hit the books again. I was thinking of registering for the lateral SE review with School of PE to keep me on the study track. Anyone have experience with this course?

Not that particular course but School of PE Civil morning and Water Resources afternoon live webinar classes.

I thought it was very good. The structural portion was great as all remaining portions were as well.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.

I took the School of PE lateral course prior to sitting for the lateral exam this past October and I almost passed the lateral exam.

The course is very time consuming and coupled with a full load of work at the office makes for long days (8-10hrs in the office chased with 3.5hrs of class afterwards). I found my self brain-dead halfway through the class sometimes...

That being said I think an acceptable amount of material is covered in the course. I have a hard time imagining a less time consuming course adequately covering enough material.

My main issue with the test wasn't knowing the information, but answering the questions quickly enough. Also I think the most recent October exam was especially hard for what ever reason (this is verified by the ridiculously low pass rate). In addition to the course you will need to find time to also do an absurd amount of practice problems.

Back