Said this but I really meant...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Said: "Which job is highest priority?"

Meant: "How the hell do you expect me to get all this done on such short notice? In just two days?!?!?"

Man said to his date: "Dinner and a movie."

Man meant: "Sex"

Said: i'll be ready in 15 min.

Meant: I'll be ready in 1hr 15 min.

said: My day to day responsibilities are consuming all of my time, so I have not made much progress on that project.

meant: I'd rather be spamming engineerboards than working on that stupid BS.

Said: If I didn't think it would work, I wouldn't have wasted my time qualifying the procedure.

Meant: I f*cking hope this thing works, or I just flushed $30k of your project dollars.

Said: I'll have to wait and see your plans and review them then.

Meant: I'm not a free design consultant.

from my boss....

Said: "Can you move the bridge about 1ft this way? And maybe we should go with concrete box beams rather than steel"

Meant: "I know that you've done 90% of the work on this project already, but I'd like to change it just because I can... I don't care that you've spent 2 months working on it and you've already got the shop drawings done for the steel..."

5 years later, and I'm still not over that one

SAID: I'm going to talk to the Project Manager and then get back to you

MEANT: After you interrupted me for the third time and then started talking over me, I've been holding the phone away from my ear at arms length for the last one minute of this conversation while you ranted on about a bunch of bullshiitake that I don't really give a hoot about, so I'm just going to make the decision without your input and then tell you about it later.

Said: No, I don't mind picking up some tampons for you on the way home.

Meant: I'll pick up the damn tampons, but I swear when things clear up, I better get rewarded 2 nights in a row...and yes, with some of that new stuff we talked about!

Said: Holy crap your feet are cold!

Meant: What grave did you just crawl out of!? Get your f'n corpse appendages the hell off me!

Said: I'll get right on it!

Meant: It is harder to prove inefficiency than disobeying your supervisor.

Back