Resumes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ I suppose it goes without saying but we don't have that here. Neither winter, nor seasons. It sucks hard. I grew up here but didn't know what I was missing I guess. I lived in Central GA for 10 years and I can't believe how big a difference 500 miles makes. Summers were still brutally hot, but they actually ended in October. October through April there was awesome in my opinion. Fall and Spring were my two favorite seasons with winter running a very close second. My electric bill here averages $350 a month in my 2100sqft house that's insulated out the wazoo. Brand new windows too. I absolutely refuse to be uncomfortable in my own house so I keep the air on 75 during the day (when we're home) and 70 at night. FL doesn't have state income tax like GA does, but I'm spending that money on AC bills here. :wtf:

Our winter is pretty much November through Mid-April. I maybe used the AC unit the bedroom 10 times last summer. It'll get hot in the mid-day, but cools off enough at night usually.

Heating oil bills on the other hand...I bought 600 gal for this winter at $2.59/gal.

It ends up being about $160/month on a 10 month budget plan.

All the seasons look so much different around here and each one has something going for it.
Same here in WV. At this point, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. Though I have thought about moving to a location withing driving distance of the ocean, possibly the Carolinas.
As long as you stay near I-95 you're only a couple of hours away. But a good five from the mountains. :drive:

All the seasons look so much different around here and each one has something going for it.
Same here in WV. At this point, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. Though I have thought about moving to a location withing driving distance of the ocean, possibly the Carolinas.
As long as you stay near I-95 you're only a couple of hours away. But a good five from the mountains. :drive:
Can you suggest any nice areas to live close to the ocean in NC or SC? We've been going to the Outer Banks the past few years for vacation and I can never get enough.

Our winter is pretty much November through Mid-April. I maybe used the AC unit the bedroom 10 times last summer. It'll get hot in the mid-day, but cools off enough at night usually.
Heating oil bills on the other hand...I bought 600 gal for this winter at $2.59/gal.

It ends up being about $160/month on a 10 month budget plan.
I always heard that summer in Vermont was just 2 weeks of bad sledding......

Is that not the case? :D

Or that summers in Vermont are really lovely. And if you're lucky, it hits on a weekend......

Back to the original question. Can anyone recommend a place to download a resume builder or suggest a program to buy? Ive recently come across the need to update my resume for a possible job opportunity and need to get it ready to go out ASAP.

Back to the original question. Can anyone recommend a place to download a resume builder or suggest a program to buy? Ive recently come across the need to update my resume for a possible job opportunity and need to get it ready to go out ASAP.
I found a template on MS Word that worked out OK. They also have templates for cover letters.

I found a template on MS Word that worked out OK. They also have templates for cover letters.
Thats what Ive been using and I got one of the MS templates to look pretty decent. After looking at the requirements for sending my resume to this company though I noticed they only take .txt formats anyway. Looks like Im going to have redo my resume in notepad anyway. Wonderful.

I think if you are responding to an ad on a company site you should send a cover letter, its like he cover page to a proposal, another opportunity to tell them how great you are...

Back