Results for Oct 2013 Released!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Goodman,

I took the following materials:

1) Camara - Electrical and Electronics Reference Manual

2) Sedra & Smith - Microelectronic Circuits

3) Schaum's Manuals - Analog & Digital Communications, Electromagnetics, Signals & Systems, Electric Circuits

4) Big Binder for of Notes

5) NCEES practice exams

6) Camara Practice Exam

What I actually used - 1, 4, & 5 only

If you study some of the practice exams available, study the actual topics of the exam, and make a worthwhile notes binder you'll do fine. I highly recommend taking a good amount of time making up your cheat sheets and notes, organizing them so you can find things quickly, and going through to make sure they are as complete as you need them to be. If you do that them you'll save ALOT of time on the test because you'll already have a lot of it memorized and won't even need to look at your notes for some of it. That was what I think helped me the most because I could spend more time on the problems I had to look up.

Hope that helps you out some and good luck!
Thank you very much...

Passed the power exam in Florida the first time.... It seems like everybody feels the same about the afternoon part (it was brutal). can it be that there was a good curve in the afternoon that helped us? I didn't think I was going to pass after what is saw in the pm section.

Finally, I pass! WA.

I thought I didn't do well on the afternoon, but somehow it was not bad.

Congrats to all who passed.

I failed, 45/80 in Power, Colorado. Will be taking again in Spring. Will study more of the code and take more practice exams!

Seems like I was weak on NEC codes, protection and power system analysis.

Back