Results for Oct 2013 Released!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very confident leaving the test. Made the wait easier. Started getting really antsy this week.

Passed Power in OK! After that afternoon session the thought of passing had left my mind. For the last two months I have been planning my studying strategy for take two.
Same here... but I was pretty confident I had passed but planned for the worst. .. looks like im not getting divorced over 4 more months of studying!

Passed Electrical & Electronics on the first try! Congrats to everyone that passed and hang in there to everyone the failed, you'll get it next time.

People who have taken Electrical and Electronics, Can you please tell me what books and materials you used and how much study time you put for the exam ? Any suggestions will be appreciated....!!!

Passed Power exam on first try in Louisiana. Thanks to this website and those who posted clear answers to the NCEES PE Power Sample Questions and Solutions book. Much appreciated.

Passed NY Power. What are the next steps? Do I have to fill a form or pay something? I called the NY State Education Department and they do not have yet the results.

Passed NY Power. What are the next steps? Do I have to fill a form or pay something? I called the NY State Education Department and they do not have yet the results.

It varies by State. In Oklahoma we had to take a Ethics type test also. It was open book and you just downloaded it from the states site and faxed it back in. If you pass that, then you are a PE.

Passed the power exam in WA, 2nd attempt. The Graffeo book (with a sample test) & CI tests seemed to make the difference for me this time around. Drill, drill,drill.

It varies by State. In Oklahoma we had to take a Ethics type test also. It was open book and you just downloaded it from the states site and faxed it back in. If you pass that, then you are a PE.
That depends. Passing does not quite make you an official PE yet. Once you are issued an actual license number, then you can officially label yourself as a PE. I believe some states issue the number with the passing results so that could be a case where passing = PE.

Last edited by a moderator:
For all who passed the Power exam, congratulations! Way to go!!! :) I'm sitting for April and I really need your advice on how you passed!!

1-most helpful References in z exam

2-studying strategy

3- exam strategy

4-books you are willing to sell

Appreciate your help... Hoping that in few months I'll be posting that I passed too!

Passed Electrical & Electronics on the first try! Congrats to everyone that passed and hang in there to everyone the failed, you'll get it next time.

Can you please tell me what all materials you used to pass Electrical and electronics PE ?

Can you please tell me what all materials you used to pass Electrical and electronics PE ?
Which electrical exam are you planning to take? Power?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Goodman,

I took the following materials:

1) Camara - Electrical and Electronics Reference Manual

2) Sedra & Smith - Microelectronic Circuits

3) Schaum's Manuals - Analog & Digital Communications, Electromagnetics, Signals & Systems, Electric Circuits

4) Big Binder for of Notes

5) NCEES practice exams

6) Camara Practice Exam

What I actually used - 1, 4, & 5 only

If you study some of the practice exams available, study the actual topics of the exam, and make a worthwhile notes binder you'll do fine. I highly recommend taking a good amount of time making up your cheat sheets and notes, organizing them so you can find things quickly, and going through to make sure they are as complete as you need them to be. If you do that them you'll save ALOT of time on the test because you'll already have a lot of it memorized and won't even need to look at your notes for some of it. That was what I think helped me the most because I could spend more time on the problems I had to look up.

Hope that helps you out some and good luck!

Back