Results Delayed this year

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to rain on anyone's (including mine) parade and hopes, but I noticed in the SC exam score release date for SC thread that in 2010 April was at 48 days, then December went to 60 days, and April '11 was 47 days.

I looked at the licensure exchange for December '10, and there is an entry for "December 10-11 Structural (Bridge) Cut Score Meeting Clemson, South Carolina"

With that being said - it really might not even be next week or before Christmas, if the situation is similar with the Petroleum exam cut score. Anyone know any other reasons for the Dec. '10 exam taking so long?

Wait, I have a feeling NJ is full of crap because he usually is. But DK? I don't think I've ever seen him BS this type of thing. That would explain why NCEES' site went down this morning. They were trying to address the security issue.

No. They do not want to deal with it. Apparently there is a meeting going on right NOW. If the results do not start to come out today then there will be a HUGE issue. Brace yourselves.

If you all have such great sources, how come you cannot accurately predict the release date of the past exams?
I've been on this board long enough to know that this is the same level of fear and concern each test cycle.

Having a little fun with people is one thing. Attempting to create a panic is just plain mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you all must know, here's the truth. At 0314 Zulu October 30th, 2014, a covert operative halo jumped from a Boeing 747 flying at an altitude of 550 and mach 0.99. Upon touchdown, the operative infiltrated NCEES headquarters at precisely 0321 through a poorly designed HVAC vent installed on the roof of the building (this vent has been known to be the source of countless leaks through the years). Maneuvering her way through the air duct shaft, she inadvertently tripped a silent alarm that activated secret protocols known only to the NCEES Director of Examination Security and that he carries with him in a brown briefcase, permanently chained to his wrist. This alert set into motion a series of procedures involving Secret Counterespionage Unit Mercenaries (SCUM) armed with futuristic death rays and bb guns. At the completion of her quest through the labyrinth of NCEES' HVAC ducts, the operative soundlessly dropped into a room in the heart of the NCEES testmongering machine and detonated an EMP. The detrimental effect of this action was that NCEES had to pay the IT professionals overtime to get all the systems back up and running, but it also resulted in the previously determined cut scores of the petroleum exam to be invalidated because the EMP questions clearly weren't consistent with observed empirical data collected during the incident. The SCUM paramilitary forces had zeroed in on the operative and were coordinating their final assault when densely packed high yield explosives ripped the roof off of the facility and a Beta Phase Type 3 Catalytic Speed Shuttle extracted the operative out of harms way just in time to take her back to Planet Crypton (not Krypton from the Superman comics) where she would report that her mission was a success to the evil examination overlord Darth Waiter, thus delaying the exam results significantly longer than anybody could possibly wait, but yet still within the ever consistent answer of 8-10 weeks, because NCEES deals with this shit all the time and they buffer their results delivery time to account for just such activity.

Sorry to be the one to tell you folks, but there you have it.

If you all have such great sources, how come you cannot accurately predict the release date of the past exams?

I've been on this board long enough to know that this is the same level of fear and concern each test cycle.

Having a little fun with people is one thing. Attempting to create a panic is just plain mean.
Just think of it as a rite of passage. If you pass now, you can do the same to the next group of test takers.

Just think of it as a rite of passage. If you pass now, you can do the same to the next group of test takers.
And I fully plan to do so :-D

Ken,

Check the history of the board. I used to predict the EXACT day of the results release. Did it for years and never failed. There was a reason behind it.

About creating panic, people believe what they want to believe.

And I fully plan to do so :-D
until then,

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JASBplNwiI

Sorry all, guess my BS meter is glitching badly this morning.

chuck-says-relax.jpg

Conversely if you get the 'other' letter you may want to have a crap load of drinks and forget all about this.

4th times a charm, right?

So I can officially say been there, done that.

Back