Recruiters

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK.....I will have to admit that my previous post wasn't TOTALLY correct. I once DID use a recruiter...not because I like them, but more because she was SMOKING HOT!
I just really can't help myself around hot females, That's why I got into this business to begin with, you know, like Frazil, Maryannette, Jenevans, Txengchick, and the others!

That reminds me, Weren't we going to do a Calendar?
We better hurry up to get the '08 calendar ready!

Now all we need is to talk those girls into sending some scantily clad photos of themselves in!!!! :multiplespotting:

p.s. Sorry about the thread hijack!

My picture's already up there (thanks to VT), so you can have that. Make sure to use the 'After' picture to be authentic.

Maybe I can un-hijack this thread (as doubtful as that seems) ...

My wife received a call from a headhunter yesterday. She called back and they gave her the blah-blah-blah ... we need some info from you blah-blah-blah. My wife gave the HH a spam-filtered e-mail address to at least be able to get some details about the job (besides title/general description). She also confirmed that this HH's services would ONLY be used for this potential opening.

The funny thing is - the HH thought he was being coy by offering only a 'little' info to tease my wife into showing interest. The problem is that my wife has worked in the industry for so long, so KNOWS all of the facilities in the area and was able to tack it down with just a few general questions.

She is still potentially interested in the position (this place was on her short list before) but wants to see if she can get a better $$ offer from previous attempts at employment from this facility. They had made an offer to hire her before but it was below her 'reasonable' threshold. Since this job is for increased responsibility, I told her to aim REALLY high since there seems to be a desperate need to fill this particular position. Make this guy EARN his commission!

JR

JR,

If she can figure out who the employer is on her own, is it unethical to cut out the HH and call them direct? The HH gets such a large bonus that I am sure the company would be glad to pay a portion to your wife instead, perhaps making it a workable deal

Headhunters have ethics????

Cut out the middle man if you can, they'll be happy then didn't have to pay the finder's fee... or if she knows someone there, see if they get a referral bonus and go in that way.

^^^ Believe it or not, she will probably get better leverage by letting the HH push for a better salary. She already knows her relative worth - she just needs someone to push harder on her behalf. Sounds crazy but it is the truth.

JR

^^^You know the situation better than we do... you have go the route that gets you the most - HH or not. Good luck!

Do you want me to hook her up with some of the HH that handle Jersey??? I know you are dying to move up here to the great Garden State!

-Ray

Do you want me to hook her up with some of the HH that handle Jersey??? I know you are dying to move up here to the great Garden State!
I am going to see how this potential job opening shapes up. I have been chatting up my wife good about how being fixed in on location (and a bad location at that) constrains what work I can realistically obtain or wage I can earn. She is warming up to the idea of moving, so if this job op goes south, I might have you do that to help me out ;)

:thumbs: Show me the MONEY!!!
I hope so ... we'll see.

JR

JR,

If you want to shoot a resume over to me and let me know what kind of position you are looking for, I can feel out the market for you a bit around here (for either you or both you and your wife).

-Ray

AND Ironically, I've had a recruiter call my house this past week. Are one of you guys a recruiter disguised as one of us?

Back