Reciprocity or Endorsement process in NY

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaocl

Johnnie Walker lover
Reaction score
(Education and Experience Part)

I graduate from ABET University in Mechanical Engineering on May, 2006 in NY.

Intern from Jan 2006 to May 2006 for the same company...6 months.

I start to work Engineering working experience for 10 months from June 2006 to March, 2007 in NY.

I change my job to Mechanical Engineering work from April, 2007 to now in NY. 4 years and more.

Total related engineering design experiences: 4 years and 10 month (Almost 5 years if + intern experience.)

(Exam Part)

I took FE April, 2008 in NY but fail the exam. Passed on the second try in Oct, 2008.

I took Oct, 2009 exam in CA but failed. Took the second time in April, 2010 (result by July) but still failed.

Upto to July, 2010 that I already have 4 years engineering experience. But if I applied in NY by that time then I will not be sit for the Oct, 2010 exam in NY. So I give myself another chance for the Oct, 2010 exam in CA.

Lucky that I passed the exam Oct, 2010 exam (result by Jan, 2011) by Jan 2011 that time I already have

4 years and 7 months.

I apply in NY paying $377, FORM 1 and 4 to NY PO box 22063 on Jan 11, 2011 (I have all my reference paper work set up for me and just a signature away.)

Send Licnese verification to CA and they already send back to NY by 1/31/2011. NY forward that notice to License board by Feb, 2011.

Send 4A from my boss to NY (Albany) Jan, 2011.

Anyway, 1/19/2011 that NY state board extension X 140. already got it and the lady said it takes 4 to 12 weeks.

1/19/2011 by 12 weeks has gone and the lady said it is 4 to 16 weeks now.

Maybe ater 16 weeks that she might said it is half years....

Anyway the best thing is that I don't have to study and take the painful PE exam again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand , how can that be ?

Question: What happen if you take again......... and fail ? , the fact you pass in CA doesn't guarantee you will pass next time

Anyway I wish you luck

Question: What happen if you take again......... and fail ? , the fact you pass in CA doesn't guarantee you will pass next time

Anyway I wish you luck
I hope the NY will give me the license number as soon as possible. Thanks.

PS. If people who take the PE exam in NY and passed. They transfer the PE license to CA will have face the similar amount of waiting time.

The exam is the same all national wide. There is no such thing that NY, CA, MA, or NC, etc are harder than others.

Anyway I wish you luck

PS. If people who take the PE exam in NY and passed. They transfer the PE license to CA will have face the similar amount of waiting time.

The exam is the same all national wide. There is no such thing that NY, CA, MA, or NC, etc are harder than others.
Good luck , I guess just wait as the lady said.

I understand the exam are national wide , but every 6 months change the question and who knows they put more enphasis in certain chapters when the build the new exam, I am a math tutor in WCCC NJ and I saw people try to get better grades and take twice the test ( of course different questions but same chapters , same course ) and got lower grades then they had .

Once again good luck and post here when you get your aproved , I may go for for the same up in NY , Electrical Power .

Anyway I wish you luck

Good luck , I guess just wait as the lady said.

I understand the exam are national wide , but every 6 months change the question and who knows they put more enphasis in certain chapters when the build the new exam, I am a math tutor in WCCC NJ and I saw people try to get better grades and take twice the test ( of course different questions but same chapters , same course ) and got lower grades then they had .

Once again good luck and post here when you get your aproved , I may go for for the same up in NY , Electrical Power .
I will update my new information here.

BTW good luck to people who are going to take the PE exam tomorrow.

The key word........"Think and Comparison". because the questions might ask different stuff but the old fasion sample exam might use the same concept.....

GOOD LUCK ON THE EXAM :bananadoggywow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back