Questions about EIT exam.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new_injuneer

Reaction score
I'm signed up for the EIT exam next weekend. I have only had time to study for it a handful of hours.

School has been really busy and it takes precedence. Of course, my classmates who are taking the EIT have not really studied for it either. I'm a really good student, so I 'm guessing there's a chance I could pass. I took a practice test and got just under 50%. Of course, it was much shorter and untimed.

Still, I don't like doing things half-arse. So, I'm thinking of postponing it and taking it in October. The $ is not a big deal. I would rather go in prepared so I'm leaning towards postponing it. I won't be able to start work until August anyway.

I also haven't had time to study at all for the Civil portion. So, a question. Does that count towards your pass/fail score?

What do you guys think? Postpone?

Take it, no question.

I took it when I was still in college, along with 6 or 7 friends. I didn't study at all, and I'd be really surprised if the other guys did. With the classes we were taking that semester, plus all the drinking, there was just no time. I remember one of the guys failing. Maybe there was one more, but most of us were able to pass.

Even if you don't pass, taking it will be good experience and help you prepare for next time.

Thanks for the advice guys. I decided to take the test (believe it or not) partly based on the responses here and I was able to pass.

Although I don't like the idea of passing a test I didn't really prepare for in earnest, I guess anytime you're studying for your engineering core courses, you're studying for the FE.

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice guys. I decided to take the test (believe it or not) partly based on the responses here and I was able to pass.

Although I don't like the idea of passing a test I didn't really prepare for in earnest, I guess anytime you're studying for your engineering core courses, you're studying for the FE.

Thanks.

Personally, I value the passing of the FE Exam by someone who didn't study but has a solid foundation in the core engineering courses more than I would someone who doesn't have a solid foundation but was able to pass simply with "test preparation". So you shouldn't feel bad at all for passing with little or no studying, afterall the test is really designed to determine your competency in the engineering fundamentals.

Back