Question on FE/PE Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanity

Reaction score
I have aquestion cause Im a new guy here,

Will NCEES mail the results first to State Boad? Then the state board will mail it to the examinees?

Or will NCEES mail it both together to State Board and Examinees?

Any ideas.

it depends on your state, some states are direct mail (ncees mails them straight to you) like Florida, others have the results sent to their state and then the state sends you your results, I think most states are this way, somewhere there is a thread with all the direct mail states listed..

I think it depends on the state.

Here in sunny, currently cold, Florida we are supposed to get a direct mailing. Other states play pass it on.

Mark

follow up guys,

It could be possible that the NCEES results were mailed early to the State bOard and the State Board might mail it later to examinees that is why we receive late Jan or early Feb?

^^^ If you are a direct mail state, NCEES sends results to the state board and ELSES (other third party exam administrator) sends the pass/fail notice to the examinee contemporaneously, so they get them at the same time. If you are not a direct mail state, the results are sent to the State Board and then it is up to each individual board how they disseminate that information.

What is really funny (not ha, ha funny mind you) is that Florida only began using ELSES about three or four years ago. The first exam I took was administed by members of FBPE and I was notified by FBPE of my fail score. Even with the newly added third party administrator (ELSES) the RESULTS have only arrived between one to two weeks sooner, yet you have the ELSES overhead you have to pay for the same service the state provided as part of the price for admission.

I call :BS: on the whole ELSES thing, but that is an argument for another thread. :D

I hope that helps clear it up a little more for you. :)

JR

^^^ If you are a direct mail state, NCEES sends results to the state board and ELSES (other third party exam administrator) sends the pass/fail notice to the examinee contemporaneously, so they get them at the same time. If you are not a direct mail state, the results are sent to the State Board and then it is up to each individual board how they disseminate that information.
I hope that helps clear it up a little more for you. :)

JR
-----------

Still a little unclear ;-|

In case of NO direct mail states, who will send the results to the State Boards - by NCEES or by ELSES ??

If it is directly by NCEES to the board and then Board to the examinee, it will be quicker (presumed). If NCEES is sending to ELSES, then ELSES sending to the Board and then Board sending to the examinees, it will be one step longer.

-----------
Still a little unclear ;-|

In case of NO direct mail states, who will send the results to the State Boards - by NCEES or by ELSES ??

If it is directly by NCEES to the board and then Board to the examinee, it will be quicker (presumed). If NCEES is sending to ELSES, then ELSES sending to the Board and then Board sending to the examinees, it will be one step longer.
Speaking only for what I know about ELSES states, which not every state is, NCEES sends results to ELSES who in turn either sends results directly to the candidate or to the State Board. I'm pretty sure PA and NY use someone completely different to administer their exams. Your state board should be able to tell you their procedure.

The states that send directly to the candidate are: Examinees in Arizona, Florida (Engineering), Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Ohio, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, and Washington will receive exam results in the mail directly from ELSES.

ELSES and NCEES share the same physical address, so there probably isn't a lot of lost time in the transfer between the 2 entities.

ELSES Address: P.O. Box 1687 (280 Seneca Creek Road) Clemson, SC 29633-1686 U.S.A.

NCEES Address: P.O. Box 1686 (280 Seneca Creek Road) Clemson, SC 29633-1687 U.S.A.

Speaking of FL, does anyone know what day we might get ours????
It should be soon .... my crystal ball says Friday for the big cities (Tallahasse, Orlando, Miami, Tampa, Jax, etc.) and Saturday for the smaller cities like Panama City.

That's my guess. My notices always came one day later from the big city.

:2cents:

JR

SapperPE said:
Hey folks, don't forget about our Frequently Asked Questions thread. Taking the time to read that thread and follow some of the discussions might give you a better understanding of some of your questions.

I just got an email from NYSED, since Im a foregin Engineer I would need to have 12 years of experience to sit for PE, instead I have a hard time to locate and follow up my endorsers, they consider my MSc and BS Arch Studies a total of 6 years, after my BSCE so they require me, only the remaining six years for my employment endorsers, Im very happy the NYSED Board helped me on this.... , I will follow up on my endorsers and make sure I have that six years reference of experience. More power to you and Happy Holidays!

Back