Products/Brands that you hate

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the sour cream, guacamole, etc. still come in caulk guns back in the day too?
I may still have the record for longest sour cream shot in Taco Bell history. I rigged the caulk gun into a crack in the wall and slammed a door shut, hitting the lever and propelling a glob of cow curd right across the assembly line and into the meat vat.

In high school I worked at McDonald's. they dispensed the Big Mac sauce in caulking guns that used prepackaged cartridges. The seal at the end was pretty good for shipping/handling. Inevitably someone would load a new cartridge and, after a number of clicks failed to produce any Mac sauce, realized that they'd forgotten to remove the seal. Removing the seal was a classic demonstration of potential energy as the built up pressure shot mac sauce all over the place. It always made for a good laugh,

Last edited by a moderator:
The guacamole doesn't have the same properties as sour cream. I suspect friction and pumping losses are higher leading to a disappointing shot.

The best was when the gun would jam and some doofus would pump up pressure, then look down the barrel and get a fast food facial.

The guacamole doesn't have the same properties as sour cream. I suspect friction and pumping losses are higher leading to a disappointing shot.
The best was when the gun would jam and some doofus would pump up pressure, then look down the barrel and get a fast food facial.
guacamole might actually make a good facial product.

Real guacamole probably would. Toxic Hell guacamole is made from space-age polymers. It is more likely to dissolve through your skin and take over your brain.

Ah, fast food jobs. My first job was at a Dairy Queen "Brasier" - the Dairy Queens where they also served burgers etc. I hated it, but it was sitcom worthy. The manager was a 30-something, bitter, angry pervert who, the frst day I was hired, invited me and the other male staff over to watch the 15 year old girl he had just hired get changed into her uniform through the 1-way in his office mirror. The "chef" was a guy from my school who was sort of a dumbass, sort of a bully, and no one wanted to get on his bad side, so they would just laugh and encourage him when he would spit on random customers' burgers, put handsoap in them, and even rub the patties on his bare armpits.

I lasted 3 months. A year or two later I saw my old manager running a shitty little burger stand in the mall food court, having finally been fired by DQ for his perversions. The burger stand shut down a few months later. Who knows what happened to that creep.

Ah, fast food jobs. My first job was at a Dairy Queen "Brasier" - the Dairy Queens where they also served burgers etc. I hated it, but it was sitcom worthy. The manager was a 30-something, bitter, angry pervert who, the frst day I was hired, invited me and the other male staff over to watch the 15 year old girl he had just hired get changed into her uniform through the 1-way in his office mirror. The "chef" was a guy from my school who was sort of a dumbass, sort of a bully, and no one wanted to get on his bad side, so they would just laugh and encourage him when he would spit on random customers' burgers, put handsoap in them, and even rub the patties on his bare armpits.
I lasted 3 months. A year or two later I saw my old manager running a shitty little burger stand in the mall food court, having finally been fired by DQ for his perversions. The burger stand shut down a few months later. Who knows what happened to that creep.

Perhaps this story should stay off the campaign trail..........

I hate Sears. Their stores are a mess, they are overpriced, employees with crappy attitudes. I banned my wife from spending our money there. It's been about 4 years since I stepped into a Sears store. Maybe it's different now, I don't care. I'll never go back.

How about Tommy Hil? That's something else I'll never buy again.

I think Sears is about to make it impossible for anyone to spend money there...I sense closure soon. Our Sears is crappy too...kinda like going to a K-Mart but my father-in-law thinks they are like the friggin' Tiffany's of power tools and electronics.

I have a similar tale. My best friend is a manager of a burger chain which is run like a cartel; owning a store is a nice gold star since owners get a cut of gross sales. I don't know what their cut is, but this store grosses several mil. a year so he's bringing home the bacon.

How he got the job was the previous manager installed a perv cam in the bathroom so he could watch his 16 year old employees do their business. One girl found the perv cam and called the cops. When the manager is looking at a few years involuntary service they promoted my friend.

SapperPE said:
Hated Products:- HP Computers
Wholeheartedly agree. The HP I had had every peice of hardware fail on it once. Then it stopped recognizing peripherals (although I suspect Norton to be the culprit there).

SapperPE said:
Hated Products:- Facebook applications: I think all those farmvilles, and Mafia Wars, etc, etc should be banned.
So agree!!!! I use the hubbys facebook account to see updated pictures of our neice. It's sad really...those stupid applications are the only thing on my SIL's page.

Norton is right up there on my hate list too. Although I guess total isolation from the internet is a rather effective method of providing internet security.

SapperPE said:
Hated Products:- Facebook applications: I think all those farmvilles, and Mafia Wars, etc, etc should be banned.

Loved Products:

- SI Swimsuit edition
+1

I think I end up blocking about 1 application every week because I have a friend / family member that gets obsessed with it and jams up my screen.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back