Products/Brands that you hate

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We bought a standard (not pet version) Dyson after dog hair killed 2 $200 vacuums in less than 9 months. We have had it for about 7 years, and it's still going strong. I never thought I'd say "love" and "vacuum" in the same sentence... but I do love that vacuum.

We bought a standard (not pet version) Dyson after dog hair killed 2 $200 vacuums in less than 9 months. We have had it for about 7 years, and it's still going strong. I never thought I'd say "love" and "vacuum" in the same sentence... but I do love that vacuum.
We switched from a Rainbow that I got brand new off of eBay from an estate sale for $189 to the Dyson for pets (purple). The Dyson was AWESOME.

We hated the Rainbow vac. It made you dread vacuuming because you had to dig out all of the hair and crud from the water bucket, and then clean out the water bucket several times while going over a room or two. Then it would stink if you forgot to empty the water. ughhhhh It may have been worth the eBay price, but I am glad we didn't get hooked on a salesman selling them for 10 times the amount with their cute tricks.

quaker state oil - suck.

It's better than Pennzoil. Have you ever seen what the top end of a motor looks like that's had Pennzoil dinosaur oil in at after a while? Nothing but sludge.

^My sister's bug had the same problem. Previous owner used Havoline. It wasn't pretty.

It's better than Pennzoil. Have you ever seen what the top end of a motor looks like that's had Pennzoil dinosaur oil in at after a while? Nothing but sludge.
I remember removing a valve cover on an engine like that. The sludge was even with the top of the rocker arms. What a mess.

I got a pet specific Bissel vacuum for ~$200 last summer and it works like a charm. Neither the dog or cat shed excessively, but I have to empty the canister twice if I vacuum the whole house. It's not a big house, nor is it completely carpeted.

One of my better investments.

I got a pet specific Bissel vacuum for ~$200 last summer and it works like a charm. Neither the dog or cat shed excessively, but I have to empty the canister twice if I vacuum the whole house. It's not a big house, nor is it completely carpeted.
One of my better investments.

We have a Bissel "pet" vac.... works great... we have a ~50 yr old house with ~20 yr old carpets... and a black cat... we have to empty the canister thing after every room... sometimes twice in the living room... I've taken it apart a few times to take the air compressor to it... esp. after we took the paneling off the walls in the living room and ended up have to drywall half the room... it was a champ with the drywall dust... we've had it 2-2.5 yrs now... no complaints here...

We have the "standard" dyson that my in-laws gave us after they ordered one designed specifically for "pet hair"??? Anyway, we've had great luck with it and because it's plastic, it's very lightweight (which for my wife and her back problems, helps out).
The thing I do hate about the dyson is the stupidly engineer'd attachments hose. it has such a large nozzle on the end, it's inflexible and really difficult to use. I think they did this because the suck on the damn thing is so hard, if they didn't do something like that it'd collapse the hose. If I put my hand over the end of the hose - it'll about yank the entire vacuum off the floor and come flying toward me because the hose is shrinking up with all the suck.

So... come to think of it. I do agree, Dyson's SUCK, real hard.
In-laws got the standard yellow one and then let the 3yo grandson drop it down the stairs. I eventually got it back together, but in the meantime they got one of the purple pet-hair ones so now that one is for the upstairs and the yellow one is for their finished basement. I'd bitch to the wife about seeing if they'd let us keep the yellow one but we can go steal the purple one whenever we want. Does anyone know what the difference is supposed to be with the pet-hair one?

i had a bissel and it was terrible on pet hair. got a roomba and its fantastic. works better and i dont even have to do anything!

brands i hate- norton- i cant even erase it! gm- my first car was a POS and the rest of my family keeps buying them even though theyre always in the shop. cant figure out that thats not normal. hard headed man. chrysler screwed me bad on my next car so im not a fan of them either. walmart- i stopped going in there years ago. crowded because it takes as long to check out as it does to shop and the workers are all pissy because they dont get paid crap. the NBA- youre overpaid brats and your season never freaking ends.....

Brands I hate:

Volkswagen - Fun car to drive, but for the money I could have gotten a much nicer Honda or Toyota that'd still be worth something 6 years later when I want to trade it in. Also, right when the warranty ended small things started to break and they tend to be very expensive to fix. I don't work on my own cars, and taking it to the stealership just makes me want to cry. Mr. Bug's Toyota costs much less in routine maintenance and repairs every year.

Sherwin Williams paint - I don't hate it, it went on the walls nicely and we got a discount since a friend worked for S-W. But the Valspar paint from Lowe's not only goes on better but is cheaper than the extremely expensive Sherwin Williams paint that we got suckered into believing was ten times better than anything available at Lowe's or Home Depot. It was just a really poor value, dollar for dollar.

Walmart - our Wally World is a sometimes-frightening contrast in socioeconomics (it's the only store around where I've seen a shiny new BMW convertible parked next to a rusted-out, jacked-up 1980s vintage pickup with a Confederate flag decal on the window). Virtually everything I've bought there, even name brand items, has been cheap crap that falls apart too quickly. I'll go there for birthday cards and cleaning supplies, but that's about it.

What I hate most about Dyson vacuums. You cannot remove the beater bar, to clean it. Have to use scissors and cut loose all the strings. Plus, what are you supposed to do when the belt breaks? Buy a new Dyson?

I'll tell you something I really hate: Those "Progessive Car Insurance" ads with the girl with the ugly hair who always seems to manage to impress the dull-witted male customer. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

I love my Dyson too in a totally domestic way.

I hate Wal-Mart. It killed my local pharmacy and life has never been the same.

Those "Progessive Car Insurance" ads with the girl with the ugly hair who always seems to manage to impress the dull-witted male customer. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.
But she has a strange attractiveness though. I think she's attractive, but at the same point, I don't really want to be...

Latest posts

Back