Presidential Election

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will better represent the American Public in The White House?

• McCain

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Obama

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Yes, that's one I will be unable to duck. However, there were two occasions when I didn't publicly matriculate. In a seemingly odd twist to the story, I wouldn't have matriculated in public the first time if my parents hadn't made me do it.
How exactly do you matriculate in private? Don't you have to show up to officially matriculate? Unless you are talking about just the registration process to matriculate.

No, I think its considered matriculating in private when you get notification.

I have had to show employers proof of matriculation, which is downright embarassing. I mean, they want to see proof on paper.

Flyer, perhaps I should make a public service ad as well, showing the youth of America that you shouldn't be ashamed to matriculate. I could do it after rehab.

No, I think its considered matriculating in private when you get notification.
I have had to show employers proof of matriculation, which is downright embarassing. I mean, they want to see proof on paper.

Flyer, perhaps I should make a public service ad as well, showing the youth of America that you shouldn't be ashamed to matriculate. I could do it after rehab.
I've had to show employers proof of graduation, but the only time I had to show proof of matriculation was when I was hoping to get reimbursed for matriculating.

Would their be any difference in the USA a few years after Nobama gets elected versus living in a 3rd world country?
I'd like to think so. We have a pretty good system of checks and balances to keep one from becoming a dictator and/ or completely screwing the country up. If that doesn't work, we have armed citizens to take his ass out at any time! :beerchug:

The republic survived the Carter administration. It will survive whichever of these two gets elected.

The republic survived the Carter administration. It will survive whichever of these two gets elected.
The problem is that we shouldn't need to worry about "surviving" an elected president.

It's one thing to survive the King Henry VIII's reign, but something completely different when we "choose" who is our leader.

Last edited:
If you listen to these guys I think one of the most radical differences is on the capital gains tax rate - which I think Obama wants to double. But looking at the housing market and the stock market, capital gains basically amount to zero either way.

The problem is "we" don't choose initially. Most people listen to who the media thinks has the best chance to win based on their "polls" and votes accordingly. Then we come out of the primary with two donkey's instead of one! :smileyballs:

How many times have you heard "I think so and so would make a good president, but he doesn't stand a chance of getting elected because the CNN poll shows....."?????? I've heard it plenty...

I personally think the whole "horse race" aspect of the presidential race is ridiculous and should be discarded. Why is it important to know what everyone else thinks about a candidate before someone votes?

If you listen to these guys I think one of the most radical differences is on the capital gains tax rate - which I think Obama wants to double. But looking at the housing market and the stock market, capital gains basically amount to zero either way.
Doubling of the capital gains tax will both hurt and delay a recovery while reducing federal revenue in the process.

The problem is "we" don't choose initially. Most people listen to who the media thinks has the best chance to win based on their "polls" and votes accordingly. Then we come out of the primary with two donkey's instead of one! :smileyballs: How many times have you heard "I think so and so would make a good president, but he doesn't stand a chance of getting elected because the CNN poll shows....."?????? I've heard it plenty...
There was a statement made by a columnist in the Chicago Tribune regarding the two candidates for governor. I think it applies this year to the presidential election: "They are two horns of the same goat." There are differences between the two if you're a one-issue voter. My concern is that neither one of them has been an executive in charge of anything. The history is that senators do not make good presidents. There's always an exception to every rule, but I figure either one is only going to be a single term president.

Barely. Those were some truly horrid times. I can't think of anything good that came out of that era (Jan 77- Jan 81).
Agreed. However I can think of one good thing. The winner of the presidential election in November of 1980.

I saw a negative campaign ad being run against me...
Captain Worley, he's a known Homo Sapien.

Captain Worley was seen masticating in McDonald's with school children present.

Captain Worley once matriculated in front of a group in high school. He seemed happy about it.

Captain Worley...the question is, what kind of deviant is he?

(paid for by the FL Stormwater Modeling Association)
I'd hate to think of what they'd say about me as your running mate!

Well, the whole point of life is to leave behind an interesting memoir....
"In certain chapters of The Life of Bigray, we have changed the names to protect the innocent and those currently in the witness protection program".

I'll just answer questions like Bill Clinton... "I do not recall"

Back