Presidential Election

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will better represent the American Public in The White House?

• McCain

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Obama

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
boy they are still ragging on Sarah Palin, I cant figure out if its the democrats or republicans who are generating all this, I dont recall Edwards and Lieberman gettign ragged on after they lost, I cant figure out where its all coming from? Hidden Agenda from Republicans who dont ever want to see her nationally again or just typical media bias of women :D

^^

who is "they". I haven't seen or heard anything about her after election night other then she will be going back to Alaska (hopefully never to be heard from again).

Last edited by a moderator:
^^who is "they". I haven't seen or heard anything about her after election night other then she will be going back to Alaska (hopefully never to be heard from again).
I saw it all over CNN and MSNBC last night. It was on Andersen Cooper 360 and some show with John King (CNN). McCain aides spilling the beans on Palin, happily covered by a hungry media. About the only thing that got covered more was Bush's dog biting a reporter. Apparently Cheney coached him to do it.

But I'm sure it's warranted. After all, Palin's pumps probably had a lot more to do with the economic collapse than Freddie Mac

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id...1900&page=1

Just for the record, Emmanuel was hired to run the day to day and mainly the politics at the White House, not to be an economic advisor. I really hope the media doesn't feel that they now have to jump all over evderything they find out about Obama. THe country needs the admiistration to concentrate on not screwing things up. But IMO the media was pretty shameful in the campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I'm interested to see how Chicago Machine politics plays on the national stage.

I saw it all over CNN and MSNBC last night. It was on Andersen Cooper 360 and some show with John King (CNN).
Ah, I wasn't watching either of those last night. I was watching the matchup of a pair mighty ACC opponents battling it out on the gridiron for conference supremacy. Sadly, the team I'd like to see win did not. So at half time I switched it off and watched dirty jobs. Far more interesting then seeing video of a dog biting a reporter (which I did see, but online). Next time maybe the dog will go for the jugular. I did enjoy the reporter summarizing his injury. Good God, grow a pair. You were bitten by a dog on the finger, not mauled by a bear. We don't want to hear about how you had to be bandaged up by a doctor and will have to be on a strict regiment of antibiotics for weeks.

^^ I'm interested to see how Chicago Machine politics plays on the national stage.
What I'm really interested to see is a confirmation hearing if they pick Larry Summers for TReasury Sec. I am really interested to see what my glorious Senator (Barbara Boxer) has to say about when he was at Harvard and basically told the ladies not to worry their pretty little heads about numbers and such.

I suspect they won't pick him for this reason, but it will interesting if they do.

^^ I think "don't worry their pretty little heads about numbers and such" is, at best, a misrepresentation of what he actually said.

Link to story

However, a sentence or two taken out of context will likely keep him out of the job.

^^ I think "don't worry their pretty little heads about numbers and such" is, at best, a misrepresentation of what he actually said.
Link to story

However, a sentence or two taken out of context will likely keep him out of the job.
Actually I was just joking. I'm suprised this author used the same words as me!

What I really meant was I wonder if Boxer and the other Democrats will be as ferocious against Summers as they would be against a Republican appointee who said the same thing.

^^ I'm actually curious to see what happens on that one for the same reasons. The media coverage will be interesting to watch also.

It's kinda funny to read this old thread. It's like reading the Wall St journal after the fact. Like a crystal ball into the future / past.

How many Conservatives does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Conservatives only screw poor people.

----------------

Question--why should you always take two Republicans fishing with you?

If you take only one, he'll smoke all your pot, but if you take two, they won't smoke any.

-----------------

A liberal says "My glass is half full."

A conservative says, "Who drank half my water?"

------------------

What's the difference between liberals and conservatives?

A liberal wins the lottery and throws a party.

A conservative wins the lottery and complains that he has to pay taxes on it.

------------------

How many conservatives does it take to change a lightbulb?

None. They'll pass a law forcing school children to pray to God to take the dark away.

-------------------
Almost 4 years later, and those are all still great.... especially #2

Back