PPI sent me 3 emails today

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humner

Reaction score
Okay, is it just me or is anyone else getting email from PPI to purchase more review material. Do they know something that I don't?

Don't worry about that. I passed last October's exam and they still send me stuff. I think once you're on their email list, you're stuck for life!

I get a couple every week, some are PE specific but others are for general engineering-related books, LEED reference materials, etc. I doubt they have any inside information.

Okay, is it just me or is anyone else getting email from PPI to purchase more review material. Do they know something that I don't?

I started getting those about the time I received my pass letter. These are just automatic emails and you should not read any more into them. Once you have received your pass letter, just kindly ask them to take your name off the list.

i imagine business is pretty slow this time of year for them, at least until after the results are in and people start buying more review material.

I can't find those Alabama jokes. Does someone remember what thread they were in? I have a friend who needs some ribbin'

I think they got deleted. Must have made someone mad I guess.
I don't know if Voll need these:

BY: SPSUEngineer

why do they even license engineers in Alabama? I thought everyone has the same DNA there anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Did you hear that the governor's mansion in Birmingham, Alabama burned down?

A: Yep. Pert' near took out the whole trailer park.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new law recently passed in Alabama: When a couple gets divorced, they're still brother and sister.

Q: What's the best thing to ever come out of Alabama?

A: I-20 and I-10

Two Alabamans are walking down different ends of a street toward each other, and one is carrying a sack. When they meet, one says, "Hey Tommy Ray, what'cha got in th' bag?" "Jus' some chickens." "If I guesses how many they are, can I have one?" "Shoot, ya guesses right and I'll give you both of them." "OK. Ummmmm . . . five?"

Q: What do a divorce in Alabama, a tornado in Kansas, and a hurricane in Florida have in common?

A: Somebody's fixin' to lose them a trailer.

An Alabaman came home and found his house on fire, rushed next door, telephoned the fire department and shouted, "Hurry on over here. My house is on fire!"

"OK," replied the fireman, "how do we get there?"

"Say, don't you still have them big red trucks?"

Q: Why do folks in Alabama go to the movie theater in groups of 18 or more?

A: 'Cuz 17 and under not admitted.

You need to repeat your 3rd grade geography class; the capital of AL is Montgomery, not Birmingham.

Then again, I suppose 3rd grade was the four toughest years of your life.

voll - I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but here is something I found in 1999 in an alt. something newsgroup and had saved in my "PE File". And remember, please do not discuss the exam with others.

Alabama Professional Engineering Exam

1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that will support a 10-1b. possum.

2. Which of the following cars will rust out the quickest when placed on blocks in your front yard:

a. '66 Ford Fairlane

b. '69 Chevrolet Chevelle

c. '64 Pontiac GTO

3. If your uncle builds a still that operates at a capacity of 20 g/hr of moonshine, how many car radiators are necessary to condense the product?

4. A pulpwood cutter has a chain saw that operates at 2700 rpm. The density of the pine trees in a plot to be harvested is 470 trees/acre. The lot is 2.3 acres in size. The average tree diameter is 14 inches. How many Budweiser Tall-Boys will it take to cut the trees?

5. If every old refrigerator in the state vented a charge of R-12 simultaneously, what would be the decrease in the ozone layer?

6. A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 14-in centers with a field rock foundation. The span is 8 ft and the porch length is 16 ft. The porch floor is 1 in. rough-sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how many hound dogs will be killed?

7. A man owns a house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an average slope of 15 percent. The man has five children. Can each of the children place a mobile home on the man's land?

8. A 2-ton pulpwood truck is overloaded and proceeding down a steep grade on a secondary road at 45 mph. The brakes fail. Given the average traffic loading of secondary roads, how many people will swerve to avoid the truck before it crashes at the bottom of the mountain. For extra credit, how many of the vehicles that swerved will have working mufflers and uncracked windshields?

9. A coal mine operates an NFPA Class 1, Division 2, Hazardous Area. The mine employs 120 miners per shift. A gas warning is issued at the beginning of third shift. How many cartons of unfiltered Camels will be smoked during the shift?

10. How many generations will it take before cattle develop legs shorter on one side because of grazing along a mountainside?

7. A man owns a house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an average slope of 15 percent. The man has five children. Can each of the children place a mobile home on the man's land?

christ, up in maine we could get all 5 trailers onto the front yard!

Back