Post Pics of your work location / office / cube / jobsite / etc

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^You've never worked in an auto plant in Michigan have you?

Heck one utility I worked at we were not allowed to open the cover plate on a meter box to read a serial number because opening a box was a union job.

Heck one utility I worked at we were not allowed to open the cover plate on a meter box to read a serial number because opening a box was a union job.
Illinois is the same way. The only reason I got away with using a multimeter was that I played cards with a bunch of the electricians.

I am consultant to a large transit agency, we work in a windowless closet room, 8 X 20 big with a large table aka conference table with chairs. We have our own laptop and wires running all over the place...sad but true

Last edited by a moderator:
New Jersey was the only place I ever visited where I was commissioning a conveyor system and I got confronted by the electrician's union. I was swapping motor leads in a control panel to reverse rotation direction when a guy appeared behind me out of thin air. He asked what I was doing and I told him. Five minutes later, I had a union employee in a folding chair next to the panel sleeping while I continued with my work.

Ha ha I was going to mention this. Try working in an auto plant in downtown Detroit. I had to get into an instrument panel to reprogram a micro-processor and didn't want to wait 2 hours for the electrician to finally "make his rounds" over to me. Opened it myself and out of thin air popped some union guy. I told them there were 2 options here, you can ask me to leave or I can get your machine running again. ;)

Illinois is the same way. The only reason I got away with using a multimeter was that I played cards with a bunch of the electricians.
Ha ha, this too. Was the case at a few of the Exelon plants but I "knew" some of the guys there so they knew what I was doing.

The new digs! Three windows! Far set of blinds closed for EB.com stealth mode... :bag:

I've got about 4 1/2 feet of space in front of my desk with one whiteboard, and then there is another whiteboard on the right hand side above the small black book case. I'm excited about those.

Office Photo.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly a 5th floor view of the side of another building an its HVAC units, but I do have a view of all the pretty girls walking up and down the main road to the left, and some other building tops and sky off to the right.

6cdefc9b4390c892b0ae578bbb1e461e.jpg

8613260dc588f0f42a98f9561ee8e945.jpg

From near my last job site. Good to be home though!

Unfortunately no, that's Guam. First picture is near the Tolofofo Falls (sp?) turnoff. The second is from the top of Mt Lamlam.

Back