Post April 2011 Diagnostic Report scores here (xx/80) if you failed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
45/80 Civil Geotechnical

I need some hints as to how to study for the morning section!!!! and if anyone

took the geotechnical afternoon section please let me know what are the best

books to use...

Andros

For the morning, do all of the breadth problems in all four of the '6-minute soulutions' books as well as the breadth problems in the NCEES problems book. This helped me breeze through the AM section this past exam. I also wrote out all of these problems and kept them in a single binder, separated by subject. There were a couple of problems on the exam that were VERY much like the ones in the NCEES book. The '6-minute solutions' problems seemed to be a little harder than the ones on the exam, but that's not a bad thing. I took WR in the afternoon, so I can't help with Geotech.

45/80 Civil Geotechnical

I need some hints as to how to study for the morning section!!!! and if anyone

took the geotechnical afternoon section please let me know what are the best

books to use...

Andros
I went through CERM for the morning section, following the recommended chapters outlined in the introduction to that book (about 46 chapters or so). After each chapter, I would do the problems in the companion book, even though I knew they were harder and longer than actual exam questions. That took me about 200 hours to do all of that. Then I spent an additional 90 hours on my depth section (I took structural, so I can't offer any insight into the geotech section).

The Saturday before the exam, I took the NCEES sample exam (structural depth of course), having not even opened the book prior. I took exactly 4 hours for the morning, took a 45 minute break for lunch, then took 4 hours for the afternoon. I scored 68/80, which was a HUGE confidence booster going into the exam. I thought the real exam was slightly more difficult than the practice exam, so I have all the confidence in the world that I passed. This was my first attempt, and I am still waiting for my letter from the MN board. :waitwall:

51/80Civil- Construction
may i ask what % you got? thanks.
It was 25/40 in the morning, 26/80 in the afternoon. I'm so bummed out, the people that I study with all passed, they were all transportation, so I might switch to that. I got 7/8 in transportation and for some reason got 6/8 in construction and was way bellow the passing average.

47/80 (22 morning, 25 afternoon) WR-Civil

Fail

Last edited by a moderator:
50/80 civil-transportation

FAIL

I can't believe I have to go through all of this again.....

FAIL

Many of us have been there, I know you have that sinking feeling right now. I've opened up the same email to get the same results (I was in a bar with a bunch of friends and co-workers when I found out I failed - bad idea). There's nothing wrong with taking a couple weeks to collect your thoughts and get in the right state of mind again, but get back at it and you'll kill it this fall

FAIL

Many of us have been there, I know you have that sinking feeling right now. I've opened up the same email to get the same results (I was in a bar with a bunch of friends and co-workers when I found out I failed - bad idea). There's nothing wrong with taking a couple weeks to collect your thoughts and get in the right state of mind again, but get back at it and you'll kill it this fall

Thank you.

April 2011: 51/80 Civil Geotech:

27/morning

24/afternoon

October 2010: 41/80 Civil Geotech:

19/morning

22/afternoon

Obviously my afternoon section did not get much better the second time. I realized while studying the second time, after the deadline to switch, that I'm much better at the water resources than geotech so I think I'm going to switch for the October '11 exam....

Civil Construction

51/80

Morning:28

Afternoon: 23

October time.........

Civil Construction - 49/80

Civil AM - 31

Construction PM - 18

At least the results are out earlier than last time. Can get a better start on it for the Fall.

From what I can see no one has gotten a 53/80 and failed (yet). I think that was the same for the Oct 2010 exam.

50/80 Water resources - Civil=62.5%

25/ morning

25/ afternoon

Final score: 69

6.5 point curve

=================================

Last October same test:

44/80 =55%

Final score: 66

11 point curve
Is the point curve just conjecture on your part? Because 56/80 is 70% and at the moment no one has posted a 53/80 as a fail so it seems that 53/80 is 70%.

Civil AM - 31

Construction PM - 18

At least the results are out earlier than last time. Can get a better start on it for the Fall.

From what I can see no one has gotten a 53/80 and failed (yet). I think that was the same for the Oct 2010 exam.
I was told by TXBPE 70% is passing score.

50/80=68%

51/80=69%

52 is passing score for construction

Civil AM - 31

Construction PM - 18

I was told by TXBPE 70% is passing score.

50/80=68%

51/80=69%

52 is passing score for construction
Well since my score was 51/80 construction- I feel like crap if I missed by one point.

Back