PENN Fe Exam results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too.....did you find your name on there yet?

Now I have to decide between WR/Transpo for April.

I'm thinking Transportation, the Environmental part of water resources scares me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait.. how are you going to do this? I thought PA requires 4 years of post-EIT to apply for PE?

Are your initials I.O.H ?????!!!

Wait.. how are you going to do this? I thought PA requires 4 years of post-EIT to apply for PE?

Maryland ... 12 years experience .... reciprocity to PA in 4 years.

Nevermind....LinkedIn profile matches your pic here.

CONGRATS !!!!!

Oh.. I get it now! Can you take PE in a different state and then just wait 4 year? or do you have to be a resident or something?

Nevermind....LinkedIn profile matches your pic here.

CONGRATS !!!!!
OMG!!! I didn't even realize what you're talking about!!!! Thanks! same to you! :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048:

What a great way to start the weekend! I added you on LinkedIn too

I don't know about you but I'm getting little tipsy tonight, or maybe even a LOT!

I don't know about you but I'm getting little tipsy tonight, or maybe even a LOT!

I started last night, but was a little nervous when they changed my status from active to pending. I think it is safe to rage tonight.

At a crossroads....

Just got my results. I've now failed this exam (civil) 4 times in a row. Seriously considering not taking it again. There's only so many blows to my self esteem I can take.

April 2011 - Score 115 (Did not study much. This was my final semester in college and I didn't really have time)

Oct 2011 - Score 116 (Used review videos that I saw other users recommend here http://engineeringre...ws/FEreview.htm )

April 2012 - Score 133 (Didn't start to study until about 2 months before the test. Bought the exam cafe package from ppi.com which is online access to over 1,200 problems and solutions for every morning session category + around 200 civil PM session practice problems)

October 2012 - Score 110 (Encouraged by the fact that my score jumped, I bought the exam cafe again. Started doing practice problems by category in June for about 2 hours a day on average. Also purchased the Civil Discipline - Specific Review for the FE/EIT Exam by Lindeburg... did both practice tests and the 60 practice problems) Turns out I did worse than the time I took it without studying. How is that even possible?

If anyone has any advice on how to pass this test. I'll take any whatever can get. I have a full-time job as an engineer/construction manager. I dread studying for this test. It is just about the last thing I want to do when I get home from work.
Well first thing's first, stay positive and confident about your ability to pass the test. Then analyze your diagnostic report, determine what your defeciencies are and develop a plan/strategy to improve those deficiencies. I think there are a couple of important strategies for both the FE and PE. First is having a good comprehension of the subject matter. If you have a good comprehension of the subject matter, familiarize yourself with the FE Supplied Handbook and know how to use your calculator efficiently, you can probably pass the exam with minimum studying even if you don't remember how to solve most of the problems by hard. If you don't have a great comprehension of the content areas, you're probably going to have to spend more time studying/reviewing the various subjects and developing good strategies to work the problems (i.e. learning how to use the manual to plug in the right equation or using your calculator as a shortcut for some of the problems) but I think it's still very possible to pass. I knew going into the exam that my defecient areas were Chemistry and Electricity/Magnetism because it's been 10+ since I've taken a course in either of those areas. So I spent some time watching review lectures for those two subject areas but spent most of my time doing practice problems on the Exam Cafe using the FE Supplied Manual and the calculator I actually used to take the test.

How did the analysis provided by Exam Cafe compare to your results? I found Exam Cafe was very helpful in preparation and found many of the problems (moreso morning session) to be very similar to problems on actual FE Exam.
I know the feeling. I didn't pass until my 4th attempt this time. I took Civil twice in school both times in 2010 before I graduated and last October and failed. I scored a 126 in my last semester and then a 121 last October. I was nervous about taking it again but decided to anyways. I lucked up and passed. I studied for about 1-3 hours daily during the week for roughly 5 months. I used Lindberg's book for the first three tries, but I thought it went too far into all the details so I changed up for this last time. I used 'Best Test Preparation and Review Course for the Fe/EIT : Fundamentals of Engineering : Am Exam / Edition 1" byN. U. Ahmed, I thought this book covered most of the morning material pretty well for the most part. I only used a couple of practice exams for the PM session I got from a friend. Don't be discouraged, if you do pass next time, it's a great feeling to know you accomplished it. Hope this helps.

Back