Pencil marks in reference material

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with people that say everyone has to evaluate the "risk" for themselves.  And there will always be a handful of overzealous proctors... but I literally brought in 10 from my college grad classes 100% filled with handwritten notes (plus an additional binder I created for studying).  If a proctor honestly thought I wrote all of that during a 4hr exam... I guess they win and I'm retaking the test.  It just seems incredibly improbable.  
It happened in Maryland in 2013.

I'm taking the Exam in Maryland next week.

So if I wrote notes in pencil in my EET binders, this could be a problem?

Do 3-ring binders also need covers?

I'm taking the Exam in Maryland next week.

So if I wrote notes in pencil in my EET binders, this could be a problem?

Do 3-ring binders also need covers?
I would call the board. Make no assumptions.

Thank you @JGipe1 for putting that to rest once and for all! I was beginning to highlight my pencil marks as I was going through my EET binder studying so I will not be doing that moving forward.

Thank you @JGipe1 for putting that to rest once and for all! I was beginning to highlight my pencil marks as I was going through my EET binder studying so I will not be doing that moving forward.
Or you could have listened to ptatohed from post #2 and not wasted any time at all highlighting.  ;)  

My first equation sheet was written entirely in pencil and that's the page I had open the most. I took the test in April in CA. The proctors didn't seem to be checking nor care. They also didn't care about a number of things that were clear rules. My understanding is that you can't be writing on anything other than your workbook during the test. But I hear people's point about overzealous proctors. Maybe highlighting or laminating is prudent.

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

Back