PE results released sooner?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed! Have been a creeper since I began studying 6 months ago - finally got it in me to join. These next days/weeks are going to feel longer than the previous 6 months combined! It would be one thing if we knew the target date, but it has such a huge range!

For anyone else in Maryland:

2013, NCEES released results on May 22nd, and MD released on June 6th (15 days)

2012, NCEES released results on May 29th, and MD released on June 1st (3 days)

Not holding my breath for a result this week in Maryland..

Been doin' the creep for a while.

giphy.gif
haha

Also, it looks like the Professional Engineering board in Maryland met today (5/19), and will not meet again until 6/12. If the results have to go NCEES -> PCS -> Board -> NCEES -> Us lowly engineers, this is going to take a while... :hang:

I have been watching but not participating - i am most definitely one of those 3 gentlemen above.....sorry :wave2:

So not that it's engineering...and not that I took it...but Texas released the results of the Land Surveying Exam.

That's got to be a good sign right for all you engineers

http://txls.texas.gov/rpls-examination-results/
But if you look on the ncees web site it says:

The Texas surveying board does not offer the NCEES PS exam. You will take a state exam to become licensed. Contact the board for more information.
So it looks like Texas has their own PS exam. You know - cuz they're their own country and everything......
Bummer.
Well, sorry to get everyone's hopes up...but to Sapper's point earlier, if the Surveying Board met right before they issued the surveying licenses, (even without the NCEES exam), then the idea that the Engineering Board meets right before they issue the engineering licenses might mean that the PE process is done.

Folks, take it from me, I've seen 8 years worth of exam cycles, and this board meeting to approve the results isn't an issue. Very few, if any, of the boards actually wait till the next monthly board meeting to approve releasing the results. In almost all cases, the boards meet ad hoc or via e-mail to approve the release if a meeting is in fact a stipulation for the release. What takes the most time between NCEES and states informing candidates is almost always the person inputting the information or the third party vendor / contractor, with PCS being the worst of the mix.

This is based on observation and reading 16 different exam cycle results threads. I may be wrong, but I kind of doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, take it from me, I've seen 8 years worth of exam cycles, and this board meeting to approve the results isn't an issue. Very few, if any, of the boards actually wait till the next monthly board meeting to approve releasing the results. In almost all cases, the boards meet ad hoc or via e-mail to approve the release if a meeting is in fact a stipulation for the release. What takes the most time between NCEES and states informing candidates is almost always the person inputting the information or the third party vendor / contractor, with PCS being the worst of the mix.
So if Texas meet tomorrow - would you guess Wednesday?

I'd say that is a very real possibility or even tomorrow. It's day 38 right now from the exam date. Last several cycles Texas has released first right around the 40 day mark. So yeah, I think it's a likely chance Texas will know within 48 hours.

I'd say that is a very real possibility or even tomorrow. It's day 38 right now from the exam date. Last several cycles Texas has released first right around the 40 day mark. So yeah, I think it's a likely chance Texas will know within 48 hours.
Thanks, i kinda figured it would be this week, however I think it makes kinda worse when it now becomes very real. Good luck to all those across the board waiting.

You're right, it's much worse. I was far better off when the whole "it'll be a long time, so forget about it" stage was going on.

Now I think I'll be up hitting F5 instead of sleeping.

Furthermore, the forums should give an award (like $5 paypal) for the first person to accurately post that the results are in!

Furthermore, the forums should give an award (like $5 paypal) for the first person to accurately post that the results are in!
You know, Road Guy, the person who started and owns this forum struggles to make ends meet every year. He pays something like $5000 in operating costs and only makes about $4500 each year. So, he pays $500 out of pocket for you folks (and me this time around) to sit here and constantly refresh the site. And all of the guys like me who are admins and mods do this completely voluntarily.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is based on observation and reading 16 different exam cycle results threads. I may be wrong, but I kind of doubt it.

I agree with this statement. The NJ board met on the 15th, no way they had the results by then.

Countdown to 40 days: 1 and a wakeup.

I'm starting to get a glowing sensation in my tummy like I did right before the FE results came out. I'm much more nervous now than I was immediately after I took the test lol

Road Guy apparently is the coolest guy around!

That said, offering some sort of reward (even just something cool on the forums) might amp up the posting energy/frenzy. Just an idea.

Now back to refreshing!

I guess the members who are refreshing the page are from TEXAS which get results quickly. I wrote in Connecticut and I know for sure it may take a while for the exam results to be posted. So I feel refreshing button doesn't help much.

Back