PE Requirements

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinoyCE

Reaction score
Are there other ways for me to be able to take the PE Exam? I'm a foreign Civil graduate from the Philippines and with only 2 years experience and its also outside US. I took the FE exam last October 2009 here in Alberta Canada and passed but up to now I'm still not employed to my field.

Any ideas guys?

Min. req't is 4 yrs exp. if you are from an ABET school. In NY, foreign grads like us (I graduated from MIT in the Phils) would need at least 6 yrs. Check with your licensing board there in Canada. Your exp. outside the US can be counted as long as it is verifiable. I passed the FE exam in Oct 2007 and was allowed to take the Apr 2009 PE exam which I just passed, too. I submitted 8 yrs exp. from a single proj. and was endorsed by only one supervisor (PE). Submit also any cert. you have (ACI, NICET, etc.) as well as your lic. from the Phils. (if any).

oh, how I wish I could practice here to gain more experience. I'm a graduate of Mapua too and passed the FE last October 2008. No luck yet.

Try Construction Inspection/Materials Testing. Get certified by ACI, AWS (Cert. Welding Insp.), or ICC (Int'l Code Council ). NYC has just implemented a new cert. req't for Inspectors and Inspection companies are always looking for certified insp. Good Luck.

Back