PE Exam - Moving States

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question and I'm hoping that someone here has some kind of knowledge of this because the GA Board is not responding to my emails. 

[SIZE=11pt]I have taken the PE exam four (4) times in California and unfortunately have come close to passing, but I still have not passed it. I am planning on moving to Georgia before the next exam. It is my understanding that the State of Georgia requires someone that has failed the exam four times to take twelve (12) credit units of classes at a college before being able to sit for the exam again. My question is; will this apply to me even though I did not take the exam in Georgia? Or will it be a clean slate so to speak and I’ll have four more attempts? (Not that I am planning on four more of course). [/SIZE]

Thanks!
I dont know about Ga but it sounds like Florida. I failed 3 times in NY as well before moving to Florida and the Board stated that they do not count failures in other states, so I started fresh here. Also about the 12 credits, Florida requires 12 credits from an university or a review class from some of the entities that they approve ( in my case I believe SoPe and Testmasters are some of their choices) It was hard to get in contact with the Board but once I got a hold of somebody they did pretty good explaining it to me. You should try to get the number of the person receiving the applications and contact them directly, I did not had luck thru emails. Good luck

Back