PE exam highest grade?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its funny how a simple question got spinned off! and ya totally agree, the grade in the tests (specially the ones we have here in the states) don't necessarily reflect the character of a good engineer, they may give an indication, luckily for me, my achievements don't hang on a couple of tests... and that wasn't the intent of my post in the first place, as i said earlier in the post, just curious...
as for the guy who offered the wifey and the sis, looool don't let wifey see the post! hahahaha

its been entertaining reading some of these posts - :)

good luck everyone
mech_houston,

I meant nothing at you personally, I hope you don't take it that way. You should be congratulated on your exceptional accomplishment!

I'm talking about the scoring process in general, and the turn this thread took.

Again, CONGRATS!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
mech_houston,
I meant nothing at you personally, I hope you don't take it that way. You should be congratulated on your exceptional accomplishment!

I'm talking about the scoring process in general, and the turn this thread took.

Again, CONGRATS!!!!!
There is nothing personal here and nobody has referred to anyone in particular so DV is right on the money about the scoring process.

I'm really confused about what everyone is posting here.

According to a guy who used to post here, the only important things are -

1. Did you work yourself up from the floor?

2. Did you graduate from a top three engineering school?

3. Did you recieve a six figure consulting offer on graduation from a fortune 3 company?

4. Did all engineering deans in the country agree you were the best engineer in the US? and

5. Are you both a PE and a licensed contractor?

If you can answer yes to all these, you are okay, if not , you are a goat and no better than an architect.

j/k - It's an inside joke for old-timers, don't get mad all you architects out there. I apologize to all goats also.

3. Did you recieve a six figure consulting offer on graduation from a fortune 3 company?

4. Did all engineering deans in the country agree you were the best engineer in the US? and

If you can answer yes to all these, you are okay, if not , you are a goat and no better than an architect.

j/k - It's an inside joke for old-timers, don't get mad all you architects out there. I apologize to all goats also.
Priceless.... :Locolaugh: :Locolaugh: :Locolaugh:

well I've got a 95. I'm sure they keep the records somewhere, at the end of the day it doesn't matter really, just was curious - :) Thanks Dark knight
houston,

Several years ago TX used to post the names and scores of everyone who got a 90 or above, on both the EIT and FE. It usually was no more than a handful of names for each test (5 to 8, IIRC)

I don't think I ever saw a grade higher than 94 in the year or two I kept an eye on it, so I'm guessing you are right there at the top. Well done!

Of course, everybody knows that only losers take the mechanical exam. Lets see how you do with some stormwater modeling, and then we'll talk.

Edited: thanks to the internet archive, I found what I was talking about here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030806051633/...m_topscores.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/20040205054145/...scores_1003.htm

houston,
Several years ago TX used to post the names and scores of everyone who got a 90 or above, on both the EIT and FE. It usually was no more than a handful of names for each test (5 to 8, IIRC)

I don't think I ever saw a grade higher than 94 in the year or two I kept an eye on it, so I'm guessing you are right there at the top. Well done!

Of course, everybody knows that only losers take the mechanical exam. Lets see how you do with some stormwater modeling, and then we'll talk.
Easy with the noob ODB.

Another inside joke.

Forgot to ask about your HVAC design capabilities. If you can do that and stormwater modeling, then yes you can be called an engineer.

lol

mech_houston,

Again, CONGRATS!!!!!

nothing personal taken dear.. thanks - :)

nice..

I had to take a test and 10 weeks of marriage prep! Cheaper than Testmasters, though...

Ah, that must have been a Catholic marriage! I went through the same thing. :)

p.s. Not all architects are bad! I promise... :)

^We didn't have to take a test, and it was more like 6 nights for our Catholic wedding. Useful info, though.

Back