PE Exam Application California CA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eicarg

Reaction score
Good Day!

I sent my application in CA, I'm from WA. I know they received my application already (check has been withdrawn already). How would they notify you that your application has been received and approved? They said that your exam confirmation will be sent 2 weeks before your exam date. I don't know if I should book my flight and make hotel reservations.

Thanks.

eicarg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Day!
I sent my application in CA, I'm from WA. I know they received my application already (check has been withdrawn already). How would they notify you that your application has been received and approved? They said that your exam confirmation will be sent 2 weeks before your exam date. I don't know if I should book my flight and make hotel reservations.

Thanks.

eicarg
u'll get the acknowledgment card (one of postcards u submitted) indicating that the application has been received. then they will send the other postcard which will say if u met the requirements. this will be followed by the formal documents that will contain the examination ID and other details.

I did not hear back from them until 3 weeks before the test, I know others heard alot sooner. If you have a solid application you should not have any trouble, most flights can be booked 3 wks ahead of time without problem. We have alot of hotels here so you can wait as well.

Where are you taking the exam??

Did you sent two postcards in the application package? If you read every outline in the application that they ask you to did that. Anyway...you can still calling 3 weeks before because one of my reference forgot to check one place before (Thanks god that I called because heis out of vocation for a month and I am able to reach him few days before!!!)

@jssani

@EnvEngineer

@chaocl

Thank you guys for the information. I sent two postcards with my application packet (I hope it’s complete). I guess I’ll just wait for the postcard. Hope its sooner.

They will provide my exam site (don’t know when and in what letter). I hope I can still get good hotel and fare deals 2/3 weeks before the exam.

Don't sweat, if you didn't get a letter stating you don't qualify to take the exam, most likely your a go. CA takes a long time to respond. Didn't get mine until three weeks before the exam.

@jssani@EnvEngineer

@chaocl

Thank you guys for the information. I sent two postcards with my application packet (I hope it's complete). I guess I'll just wait for the postcard. Hope its sooner.

They will provide my exam site (don't know when and in what letter). I hope I can still get good hotel and fare deals 2/3 weeks before the exam.

I put down the test location in my remarks area in the application package. If you don't mention about the testing location that they might put you in LA area. However, you can still change your testing location by just calling them.

Back