PE Civil Str depth - any idea about minimum pass score

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, that guy? I didn't realize he took the PE exam too.

Yea heard he didn't do too well...maybe he should have taken a play out of Brady's playbook...and deflated some of the questions

55813337.jpg

It will be good if someone who took it second/third time can comment on the difficulty level of Oct 2015 exam compared to the previous exams.
I took structural depth exam in April and failed with a score of 45/80. This time I'm certain that I passed and feel that afternoon portion was easier compared to April but the morning portion seemed harder compared to the one in April.

56 is usually thrown around as a ballpark number only because it equates to 70% and the general belief is that a C student (minimally competent engineer) should be able to pass the exam.
I heard of a guy with 58 in April exam not making it. That is the highest I have heard of so far. Just asking if anyone came across any one with 60+ not making it.
Is he on this board or someone you know? The highest I've heard of was 57 for transportation depth for 2014 exam.

I wouldn't suggest thinking too much about the cut score.

Plenty of more rewarding ways to kill brain cells over the next two months.

I wouldn't suggest thinking too much about the cut score.

Plenty of more rewarding ways to kill brain cells over the next two months.
So what's the cut off score in your opinion?

I think it shouldn't be varying a whole lot between different disciplines (+/-2)?

Back