PE Civil Str depth - any idea about minimum pass score

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously folks, the cut score varies and while it's always great conversation, we will never know what the cut score is. Like you guys mentioned, the best you can do is ask folks who failed what their score was and extrapolate from there.

Anyone here from Mechanical discipline?
I'm a mechanical, took the HVAC afternoon. How about you? I'm dying to here what other people thought about the exam but so far I've only found one other person that took the HVAC depth on here. FYI, he thought it was hard too.

I took Mechanical Systems and Materials depth in Houston, TX. I guess I was surrounded by HVAC guys in Houston, but didn't dare to ask them how they felt about the exam. In my case I found AM easier than PM.

It will be good if someone who took it second/third time can comment on the difficulty level of Oct 2015 exam compared to the previous exams.

I also took the mechanical system and materials. The PM was rough for me. I hope my AM performance could get me into the passing range. First timer, and I hope I don't turn into a second timer. For now drink up and wait for the results...cheers [emoji482]

I am also relying on AM heavily. I know we can't change anything now, and the only thing that we can do is wait :( But still it is really difficult not to think about it :) So was hoping to get some information regarding the difficulty level this time to give myself more hope...

My uncle's cousin's brother's aunt's best friend's guinea pig is best friends with the COO of Argelica Inc. which determines the cut score and told me the cut score will exist this year.

I am also relying on AM heavily. I know we can't change anything now, and the only thing that we can do is wait :( But still it is really difficult not to think about it :) So was hoping to get some information regarding the difficulty level this time to give myself more hope...
Hope is a dangerous thing. It drives a man insane. I went insane even without hoping, so may some imaginary friend help you.

Hey guys... again the question- has any one come across some body who had score of 58+ and had to repeat? If not, then may be the conclusion is any one with 58+ should be thru?

Don't hold on to that thought. The board won't have any regrets whatsoever to disappoint you.

anshu,

Do not try and find the cut score. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

I just spoke with my buddy who works at NCEES. He is telling me, for Structural, they are looking at a 57, but it all depends on how they rate that one question. He said you would know the one I was talking about.

Back