PE Civil , First Session

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm bumping this thread to agree that you can get by with no studying and the CERM alone in the AM. I didn't study for the AM at all, used only the CERM as a reference and scored a 32/40. We'll see how the actual test goes in a week of course. But I found the PM to be much more complex (28/40 here) and chose to study harder on the structural PM topics. 
There are always those people you hear about who pass with little/no studying but, in general, I think it is a poor strategy to rely on and poor advice to give.  But I guess each examinee can decide for themselves. 

I'm bumping this thread to agree that you can get by with no studying and the CERM alone in the AM. I didn't study for the AM at all, used only the CERM as a reference and scored a 32/40. We'll see how the actual test goes in a week of course. But I found the PM to be much more complex (28/40 here) and chose to study harder on the structural PM topics. 
You didn't pass with a 60/80? Or are you referring to a practice test...

There are always those people you hear about who pass with little/no studying but, in general, I think it is a poor strategy to rely on and poor advice to give.  But I guess each examinee can decide for themselves. 
To be fair I said you could get by and not specifically recommending it. I was explaining my experience to add this thread. I guess my real advice would be to take the NCEES practice exam as if it were exam day and see where you stand. 

Back