Passing the PE and the Economy

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nice thing about consulting engineers - the company makes a multiple of your salary. So if my salary goes up, company makes more money off me.
As long as the work is there, and it is (for now).
Same thing here.... they have a set multiplier. So as long as we have jobs and are billing to those projects/clients, then the company is making money. We have had some departments affected by the economy as well... some disciplines are pretty slow.

The EE department here has been crawling for a couple months now. No layoffs, however I think they could definitely trim the fat.... no change in sight...

The nice thing about consulting engineers - the company makes a multiple of your salary. So if my salary goes up, company makes more money off me.
As long as the work is there, and it is (for now).
That's right. You can get as much as $ 120.00 consulting fee per hour even if you do the job online.

Yes it sucks... I hate how I pass the PE and the economy bombs..

I feel this is the last time (at least in the near future) that I'll have a career advancement that could lead to a raise (aside from the usual 5% a year).

Oh wells, karma will see me through this (maybe all win a boat or something haha) :)

At my workplace, the most recent group to sign a contract extension agreed to no raises for the next three years.

Latest posts

Back